The Director of Special Projects (DSP) drives successful outcomes across broad, multi-functional projects to achieve Tanium’s goals and vision.
As a DSP, you will research, shape, and inform decision-making across the business. You will work in a variety of domains spanning multiple business units to deliver results. DSPs are principally responsible for areas: business/ corporate development, corporate strategy, and high priority cross-functional initiatives. DSP projects are sponsored by Tanium’s CEO and co-founder.
This position reports to the Office of the CEO. Team priorities are set by the Chief of Staff.
After gaining experience on a number of initiatives, DSPs may elect to specialize in a particular functional role. Prior DSPs have transitioned to leadership roles in product management, business operations, and data science within Tanium.
What you’ll do:
- Communicate with Tanium’s executive leadership on sensitive efforts
- Listen to and observe internal and external stakeholders to identify high impact initiatives
- Manage complex and cross-functional team efforts, and be responsible for the result
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks, and communicate updates across all levels of leadership
- Identify product technical capabilities and map them to go-to-market opportunities
- Build relationships based on trust and influence with multiple teams without disrupting the day-to-day intensity of a fast-growing company
- Sample projects that prior DSPs have led:
- Drive strategic partnership and investment discussions
- Evaluate the go-to-market attractiveness of different geographic and vertical segments
- Frame strategic options in working with ecosystem partners
- Reshape go-to-market approach end-to-end (branding, pricing, and packaging
- Develop end-to-end approach to a strategic partnership
Travel expected for this role.
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS degree from a leading undergraduate institution or equivalent work experience
- MS, PhD, or MBA preferred
- 4-10 years of professional work experience in management consulting, investment banking, or technology product management
- Consultative professional experience influencing internal and external stakeholders without direct authority
- Highly preferred
- Thrives in fast-paced, loosely-defined environment
- Deeply curious and determined to find solutions to systems challenges
- Accumulated technical expertise and domain knowledge (e.g. MS in Computer Science, or experience in IT or cybersecurity)
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.