The Senior Cloud Security Engineer will collaborate with multiple engineering and security teams to ensure the highest security standards are developed, applied, and maintained for all Tanium products and services deployed in the cloud. To achieve this goal, the Senior Cloud Security Engineer will build security tools, contribute changes to our infrastructure-as-code by implementing security controls as necessary, review and collaborate on secure designs, and develop and cultivate threat models and countermeasures or compensating controls. As such, Senior Cloud Security Engineers are expected to stay abreast with emerging cloud technologies and their AWS implementations, as well as their impact on the security landscape.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for security, technology, and innovation. Individuals should be champions of security who are eager to work on a collaborative team to drive change, create security tools and services, and to solve problems.
What you'll do:
- Build security tool kits to monitor and protect cloud infrastructure
- Develop, document, and maintain security and compliance architecture standards for cloud
- Ensure implementation of security and compliance requirements are met and maintained
- Implement, review, and maintain strong access controls and identity roles within AWS IAM
- Provide technical expertise on trends and emerging changes to AWS cloud security landscape
- Ensure tight coupling between Security and DevOps through collaboration with engineers
- Develop and execute strategies to increase AWS cloud security knowledge throughout the enterprise
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in security focused roles
- Expert knowledge of AWS architecture, security, and services
- Knowledge on AWS security detection and response is desirable
- Experience leading design and security reviews of cloud-based systems
- Experience with modern software development and automation tools like Git and Jenkins
- Experience with infrastructure as code technologies
- Experience in at least one modern programming language (e.g., Python, Go, JS, C#, etc.)
- Experience with implementation of multi-tenant cloud environments
- Experience in serverless compute such as AWS Lambda, Container implementations like AWS ECS, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience creating and maintaining threat models
- Strong understanding of networking basics, including TCP/IP and layer 7 protocols
- Solid understanding of modern attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.