Tanium QA Engineers are responsible for testing products built on the Tanium platform. This will involve working with developers and product managers to construct & execute test plans, plan for functional, performance & regression testing, file detailed bugs, and providing visibility through project updates.
Strong technical skills are essential. If you are not comfortable hunting down resource leaks while simulating hundreds of thousands of clients, digging into the guts of windows security configuration or scripting environment configuration for dozens of target OS’s, this may not be the place for you. If these things sound as exciting to you as they do to us, then Tanium could be your new home!
What you’ll do:
- Utilize project management and leadership skills to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects throughout the entire software development cycle
- Author and execute test plans and test cases
- Manage resources, project plans, estimates and timelines
- Review test plans, monitor test progress, and distribute test reports
- Understand business requirements and develop test cases against them
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance/Testing experience (enterprise level preferred)
- Solid understanding of manual and black box testing experience
- Solid understanding of operating systems (Linux & Windows preferred); how they are installed and configured
- Solid understanding of network security, experience in using packet capture tools is a plus
- Must be familiar with terms like authentication, file signature, and certificates
- Project management skills a plus
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.