About the role
The Director of Corporate Development will lead the company’s M&A/Corporate Development function at Stitch Fix. This position will initiate and pursue corp dev opportunities in the form of acquisitions and/or strategic investments that enhance and align with the company’s strategic priorities, owning the end-to-end process from strategic and initial financial assessment, to industry and competitive due diligence, to deal execution, structuring, and integration. In addition, this role will play a role in defining where we have large business development opportunities (e.g., license vs. invest/acquire). This position will report to the VP of Strategy and Corp Dev and work alongside exceptionally talented individuals and teams at Stitch Fix, with meaningful exposure to our Board of Directors.
You're excited about this role because you will...
- Develop and drive the framework for assessing where we should be focusing our Corporate Development efforts, given our overarching company goals
- Identify and qualify new ideas and companies for Stitch Fix from internal and external sources and define how we could best work these companies (license, invest, acquire)
- Conduct rigorous analysis to provide detailed guidance and insight regarding companies and potential partnerships/acquisitions
- Lead deal execution and, for M&A, post-deal integration – taking a holistic, cross-functional approach for acquisitions and/or strategic investments
- Manage deals from inception to close
- Coordinate a cross-functional deal team within Stitch Fix
- Serve as main POC for target company management
- Lead deal evaluation meetings, drive decision-making, and strong negotiation
- Develop and present high-quality recommendations and deliverables to the executive team: present acquisition and/or strategic investment and/or large licensing opportunities, facilitate key decisions, and provide post-transaction performance updates
- Build scalable processes and best practices for corp dev/M&A at Stitch Fix
We're excited about you because...
- You have a Bachelor's degree (required)
- You have an MBA (strongly preferred)
- You have 12+ years of relevant professional experience, with a minimum of 2 years in investment banking/private equity/venture capital and a minimum of 4-5 years in corporate development / business development or closely related function
- You have a strategic mindset to think through how acquisitions / investment / partnership can solve strategic goals, drive business growth, and improve operational efficiency
- You are a focused, organized, and results-driven individual with the discipline and gravitas to drive a diverse set of cross-functional partners towards a set of defined goals
- You have a strong executive presence with experience presenting to C-Suite/Senior business leaders
- You have extensive transactional experience with primary deal ownership
- You have strong communication skills and are able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- You are passionate and ideally have experience in about retail, ecommerce, and consumer technology
- You have expertise in Powerpoint / Google Slides / Excel
- You are able to work full time out of our headquarters based in San Francisco, CA (after current shelter in place orders are lifted and it is safe to work from our office)
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright and kind people who are motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.