ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. Our novel G4 benchtop sequencer is highly versatile and designed to rapidly produce accurate DNA sequencing results. We’re actively developing our PX instrument, the world’s first integrated single-cell analysis and spatial biology platform. Singular Genomics is committed to unlocking the potential of these core technologies to reshape the future of genomics.
We foster a culture of creativity and technical excellence, both catalysts for innovation. We celebrate diversity, emphasize collaboration and, as we rapidly mature, we are constantly looking at ways we can do better for our people.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role reports into our La Jolla location.
As a Research Associate you will assist the Molecular Biology team to further develop and characterize novel workflows for improving DNA sequencing. The ideal candidate will have experience in standard molecular biology procedures for handling nucleic acids (e.g., DNA/RNA purification, PCR, isothermal amplification, gel electrophoresis, bioconjugation) and be familiar with common enzymes that interact with DNA/RNA. Experience with standard DNA library prep techniques and fluorescence microscopy is a plus. This role is ideally suited to a candidate who is motivated and excited by a startup environment where opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is commonly encountered.
- Utilize knowledge of common molecular biology techniques to execute planned experiments in a timely manner.
- Document experimental approach and results.
- Perform routine maintenance of laboratory instrumentation.
- Check inventory and replenish stocks of designated materials.
- Present data to colleagues throughout the organization.
- Perform routine tasks with maximum precision and reliability.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment.
- Provide written and verbal updates to supervisor/s.
- Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related Life Sciences + 2 years of industry experience or Master’s degree in related field
- Solid foundation in common molecular biology techniques (i.e. DNA purification and quantification, PCR, gel electrophoresis, colorimetric assays, conjugation, NGS library prep, etc).
- Strong critical-thinking/problem-solving skills and an ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take instruction and eagerness to learn and fine tune lab skills.
- Must be passionate, detail-oriented person with excellent analytical, verbal, and written communications skills (Word, Power point, and Excel).
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Singular Genomics is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can provide their name and contact information to our Accommodations team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible.