At Showpad, we empower others to be at their best. As a business, that means the Showpad sales enablement platform allows revenue teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software as well as innovative sales content and engagement solutions. We provide sales and marketing with the software and support they need to enable their teams, drive more revenue and deliver incredible buying experiences.
Founded in 2011 in Belgium, Showpad is a team of more than 400 people working from our headquarters in Ghent and Chicago or regional offices in London, Munich, San Francisco and Wroclaw.
As an employer who understands the importance of diversity, we are committed to proudly representing the various identities of the communities in which we work and the clients that we serve. We have been recognized as a top workplace by Built In Chicago, Built In San Francisco and Inc. Magazine, as a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5000 Europe list and won the award for “Most Sustainable Growth Company” by Deloitte Belgium.
Please note, that although you can work remotely for Showpad, you must be based in one of the following countries: Belgium, United Kingdon, Germany, Poland, France or The Netherlands
About the position
As a Software Engineer Backend you will help shape the future of the Showpad product by maintaining the core functionalities and APIs of the Showpad platform. You’ll be responsible for helping drive technical and product decisions based on your expertise. You will coach and mentor junior team members. Rather than a monolithic environment, you will help develop an ecosystem of services, as you identify and isolate parts of the system to increase reliability and promote quality. Your decisions will not only have an impact on the way we build our product in a test-driven environment but also on the end-user experience for all our customers.
Key Responsibilities for a Software Engineer Backend at Showpad
- Support and improve the Training and Coaching product of the Showpad platform
- Contribute to improving our development processes and environments
- Collaborate with the team to define, implement, and maintain our growing ecosystem of microservices
- Work with internal and external API consumers in an API-first environment
- Excel in software teams where code reviews and pair programming are part of our strong engineering culture
- Apply a security-first approach to implementing features and changes
- Collaborate together with Product Management and other stakeholders (Frontend, UX, etc.) to iterate on new features within the Showpad product
- Focus on the bigger picture because everything you do will have an impact on 100,000 users globally
Required skills for a Software Engineer Backend at Showpad
- Experience developing scalable, production-ready, backend code using JVM-based languages and frameworks
- Solid working experience of a modern server framework such as Micronaut or Spring Boot
- Experience working in a cloud environment.
- Experience containerizing and deploying cloud-native applications and services.
- Experience in, or strong desire to learn, Kotlin
- Understanding the importance of strong software testing at every stage
- Continuous integration and delivery mindset
- Experience designing and implementing APIs for, and collaborating with, internal and/or public data consumers
- Team player mentality, committed to the whole software development life cycle in an agile team
- Knowledge of AWS core services is a plus
- Kubernetes experience is a plus
- Knowledge of enterprise integration patterns and microservices migration is a plus
What you can expect from Showpad
We welcome every voice and are committed to building a truly inclusive environment where your differences are not just welcomed, they are celebrated. We’re building a best-in-class experience for our employees and are always identifying opportunities to encourage our team to be their authentic selves. Whether that’s paid parental leave, paid holidays (including Juneteenth and paid time off to vote), paid time off to volunteer at non-profit organizations, personal development opportunities or professional stretch assignments, you can expect Showpad to support you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other dimensions of identity.