At Seer, we are passionate about empowering our customers to expand scientific discoveries and achieve exceptional scientific outcomes. Our team is growing quickly as we develop innovative approaches to solve complex biological questions. And we believe the next frontier in biology is enabled through a clearer and more complete view of the proteome – something that Seer can uniquely deliver. As we build our team, we are looking for collaborative, driven, intellectually curious people who are committed to solving complex challenges. Our culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork, because we believe that this enables the kind of breakthrough thinking that will accelerate our mission.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Support, the Product Support Scientist will be responsible for providing first level technical support. The Product Support Scientist will work directly with customers to support all contact center activities such as product inquiries, complaint handling, and order support. If you have a science or engineering background, have a solution-oriented mindset and are passionate about the customer experience and thrive working in a fast-paced and agile environment please consider applying!
Responsibilities & Goals
- Provide technical product support to current and prospective customers and respond to requests for product information.
- Provide technical guidance on workflow optimization and best practices to enable customer success.
- Resolve customer issues via phone and other remote support mechanisms.
- Document all customer interactions within the CRM system.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose workflow and instrument issues.
- Triage and escalate support requests and create dispatch work orders for issues which cannot be resolved remotely.
- Create and update product support procedures and create knowledge articles.
- Develop strong customer relationships built on trust, respect, and empathy.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Work closely with internal partners (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Field Service and Support, Operations, R&D, Quality) to advocate for customer needs and champion a successful outcome.
- Identify, document, and communicate customer experience feedback.
- Identify and propose new ways to add value to the customer experience.
- Participate on teams to represent the voice of customer
- Manage inbound sales inquiries and requests for pricing.
- Receive and process requests for product returns, replacements, and credits.
- Actively interface with internal departments to ensure timely delivery of all orders.
- Manage all aspects of the customer ordering process.
Background & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Science or Engineering background.
- BioTech or Medical Device industry experience.
- Product Support Experience; instrument, software, assay.
- Exposure to genomics or proteomics workflows and data analysis solutions.
- Ability to deliver technical information in a clear and effective manner.
- Ability to anticipate needs and act with a sense of urgency to prevent issues.
- Articulate communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Problem-solving skills and systems thinking.
- CRM experience; Salesforce, Zendesk
- Software Analytics tools; Tableau, Power BI
- Call Center Software; Talk Desk or other virtual content center system
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to resolve conflict in a positive manner and focus on win-win outcomes.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with all customers, internal and external.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Knowledge of complaint handling processes.
- Ability to recognize target audience and tailor communication style accordingly.
- Customer-facing experience, ideally in the life science or medical device industry.
We welcome you to apply today!
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Seer employees and contractors who regularly come onsite to a Seer office or Client, are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Exceptions to this requirement are employees and/or contractors who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Seer's accommodations process.