Who are we?
Sauce Labs is the world’s largest cloud-based web and mobile app testing platform which offers its services to enterprises, SME, and open source developing teams. It offers both automated and manual testing of web and mobile applications for more than 800 browser platforms combinations and mobile devices (Android and iOS). The infrastructure offered by Sauce Labs is reliable and compatible market leading open source testing frameworks. It provides our customers with the opportunity to easily harness the power of testing and introduce important testing paradigms as part of their SDLC. Our virtual and real device clouds fully support the WebDriver protocol (Selenium and Appium) as well as native testing frameworks (Espresso and XCUITest). Last but not least, QA Financial named Sauce Labs as the “Test Automation Tool Vendor of The Year 2018”.
Are you a strategic thinker who likes to apply creativity to solve hard problems?
The Sauce Labs Engineering team needs the best and highly motivated Senior Software Engineers to help us further evolve our product offering. This way, our highly valued customers will be provided with state-of-the-art real device cloud, i.e. fast, reliable, and API-rich distributed computer system facilitating remote interaction with literally thousands of iOS and Android devices all over the world. The cloud is there, the customers are there, and they are just waiting for you to join!
The challenges around building a mobile device cloud are an amazing opportunity to proof and expand your existing knowledge of high scale cloud systems. You’ll be an integral part of a tight-knit agile team, working closely with our product manager, scrum master, and your talented and friendly peers in engineering.
Are you all about co-creation - a great communicator and a true team player?
Are you interested in solving serious technical challenges while constantly driving further innovation and excellence beyond any foreseeable limits? If so, join us in an exciting journey as a highly valued member of our diverse international team that values respect, simplicity and friendliness. Let us constantly redefine the boundaries of impossible together!
What would a day with us look like? You will:
- Provide technical leadership while personally developing, defining, and evolving software in an agile development environment using the latest frameworks and patterns
- Collaborate cross-departmentally and with different teams to make Live Testing an integral part of the sauce testing cloud
- Design and implement microservices for use in Kubernetes clusters
- Produce high quality, maintainable code with excellent test coverage and documentation
- Cooperate with our Ops and Security teams to protect our systems and data from exploits, denial-of-service attacks, and other security vulnerabilities
What do you need to bring with you?
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of software development and engineering experience, with significant time spent developing backend services and publishing public API
- Excellent command of the Java programming language
- Expertise and real world experience with delivering microservices based on Spring Boot, JAX-RS, and many more libraries and frameworks as part of the rich Java ecosystem
- Hands-on experience with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes and Helm
- “Security-first-and-foremost” way of thinking that drives for technical decisions with zero tolerance for vulnerabilities
- Deep knowledge about CI/CD processes and experience with them in real life
- Strong sense of ownership and a real passion for engineering complex systems
- Interpersonal skills and ability to project manage and work with multi-functional teams
What about compensation, perks & benefits?
- Catered lunch 3 days per week plus fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages all day long
- A personal development budget: our commitment to your continuous improvement
- We provide public transport and sport activities/fitness benefits to keep you moving
- Free German language courses for our non-native speakers
- Relocation support to guide you through the Visa process
- We Pet.All the Dogs() — we are very pet-friendly!
- Annual company off-site to bring our global team together
On top of all that — a truly flexible and accommodating working schedule. Whether you have an early kita pick-up or weekly physiotherapy: let’s make it work
Your application will be reviewed and, if your profile is a match, we will reach out to you in order to arrange an initial screening
Complete a fun and interesting coding challenge to demonstrate your coding abilities, knowledge, and thought process.
Final interview round: get to know the team and projects onsite/remotely. This way we are confident we will provide you with the means to make a conscious and informed decision about your further career development with Sauce.
Curious about our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your online application in English!