Who are we?
Sauce Labs is one of the most popular and the world’s largest cloud-based web and mobile app testing platform which offers its services to enterprises and open source developing teams. It offers both automated and manual testing of web and mobile applications for more than 800 browser platforms combinations and mobile devices (Android and iOS). The infrastructure offered by Sauce Labs is reliable and compatible market-leading open source testing frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, Espresso, and XCUITest. Moreover, Sauce Labs was named the Test Automation Tool Vendor of The Year 2018 by QA Financial.
The Solution Engineer is the technical representative to our customers, and is an expert in evangelizing, positioning, and selling the technical, architectural and business value of the Sauce Labs testing cloud. You will work closely with our Account Executives to co-own the sales and technical consultative strategy to become the trusted advisor for our customers and win their business.
You will meet with our most strategic clients, virtually and in-person, interpreting their needs, developing, prototyping and delivering solutions to provide the best possible Sauce experience for the customer. We are looking for a professional with exceptional communication skills and a high level of technical expertise, adept at speaking with C-level executives and technical business owners while also conversant with the technology to connect with and guide individual contributor level influencers.
What would a day with us look like? You will:
- Work closely with the sales team to develop a strategy to win net new customers and drive expansion in our base to meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Using repeatable processes and tools, establish technical credibility with customers
- Prescriptively map customer business and technical challenges to Sauce solutions
- Deliver high impact product demonstrations based on the customer’s environment and testing needs
- Ability to manage detailed and complicated Proofs of Value with prospects and customers
- Support Marketing activities by working trade shows, reviewing documentation for technical accuracy and hosting introductory webinars as requested
- Work well in a distributed team atmosphere
- Establish confidence in Sauce’s recommendations via industry and product expertise, technical whiteboarding, RFP/RFI responses, and product roadmap discussions
- Expect moderate travel
What do you bring with you?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to read and own a room
- Proven experience of sales engineering working for a technology vendor selling enterprise solutions to both technical and commercial audiences
- A track record of success selling to Enterprise accounts
- Grasp of programming concepts in various languages including but not limited to Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .NET
- Solid understanding of Agile development methodologies including CI
- Familiarity with proxy servers, network troubleshooting and firewall configurations
- Familiarity with open source testing frameworks, methodology and principles
- Familiarity with SaaS solutions, concepts and business models.
- Familiarity with Selenium and/or appium is a plus
- An eagerness to work in a collaborative environment with team goals
- Comfortability operating oftentimes without a safety net
Please note that this is a remote role with a team in London, Berlin, Munich, and other EMEA locations.
Curious about our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your online application in English!