Who are we?
Sauce Labs is the world's largest —and one of the most popular—cloud-based web and mobile app testing platform: offering its services to enterprises and open-source developing teams. It offers both automated and manual testing of web and mobile applications for more than 800 browser platforms combinations and mobile devices (Android and iOS). The infrastructure offered by Sauce Labs is reliable and compatible market-leading open source testing frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, Espresso, and XCUITest. Moreover, Sauce Labs was named the Test Automation Tool Vendor of The Year 2018 by QA Financial.
Are you a strategic thinker who likes to apply creativity to solve hard problems?
The Sauce Labs Real Device Cloud (RDC) Engineering team is searching for a top-notch, highly motivated software engineer to help us build sophisticated solutions to automate our Real Device Cloud (RDC) service. If you enjoy digging into the lower levels of the Android and iOS ecosystems, as well as the operating system and protocols themselves, then we could use your skills. The RDC is responsible for solving unique, complex problems for iOS and Android devices so our customers have the best-in-class tools needed to interact with our real device clouds in a simple and enjoyable way.
Sauce Labs RDC faces unique challenges around running consumer devices in a cloud. This role will provide you the opportunity to expand your knowledge around reverse engineering, USB and network programming, continuous automated testing, and much more.
What would be your day with us? You will:
- Join a tight-knit Agile engineering team, and partner closely with our product manager, scrum master, and cross-functional teams
- Solve serious technical challenges while constantly driving further innovation and excellence
- Share and grow your knowledge in a friendly and supportive atmosphere
- Reverse engineer private APIs and frameworks to make impossible things work reliably and fast
- Create unique features which will challenge your whole skill set from Agile software engineering to low level USB programming
- Strive for constant improvements and contribute to the indisputable power of our development culture
- Cooperate and co-create with different teams to make the RDC team an integral part of the Sauce Labs testing cloud
- Produce high quality, maintainable code with excellent test coverage and documentation
- Cooperate with our Ops and Security teams to protect our systems and data from exploits, denial-of-service attacks, and other security vulnerabilities
What do you bring with you?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in Android and/or iOS app development
- Extensive experience in Java, Golang, Objective-C, C++, C, or Swift
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Strong sense of personal ownership and a passion for building outstanding and high-performing solutions on top of inherently unstable devices
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple projects across diverse and multi-functional teams
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Prior experience in reverse engineering or "capture the flag contests" a plus
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Catered lunch 3 days per week plus fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages all day long
- A personal development budget: our commitment to your continuous improvement
- We provide public transport and sport activities/fitness benefits to keep you moving
- Free German language courses for our non-native speakers
- Relocation support to guide you through the Visa process
- We Pet.All the Dogs() — we are very pet-friendly!
- Annual company off-site to bring our global team together
On top of all that — a truly flexible and accommodating working schedule. Whether you have an early Kita pick-up or weekly physiotherapy: let’s make it work.
Your application will be reviewed and if your profile is a match, we will reach out to you in order to arrange an initial screening.
Complete a fun and interesting coding challenge to demonstrate your coding abilities, knowledge, and thought process.
Final interview round: get to know the team and projects onsite/remotely. This way we are confident we will provide you with the means to make a conscious and informed decision about your further career development with Sauce.
Curious about our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your online application in English!