In today’s software-centric economy, speed is everything. The pressure to deliver more, faster, falls squarely on development teams. Sauce Labs accelerates software development by removing testing as a bottleneck. Our automated testing cloud ensures that the web and mobile applications people use every day work flawlessly on any browser or device.
Before Sauce, testing took too long, it was tedious and expensive to maintain, and it took focus off of innovation and shifted it to annoying infrastructure issues. With Sauce, innovators accelerate their software development cycles, improve quality, deploy with confidence and reduce costs. We call that automated testing. But you’ll probably just call it awesome.
Passionate about our mission to speed application development through continuous testing, the Windows OS Automation Engineer works within the fast-paced Virtual Desktop Cloud (VDC) team. As a DevOps Engineer specializing in Windows OS Automation, you will help with the creation of the virtual machine images that power our cloud. You would not only spend your time maintaining the code that configures VM images, but also optimizing and making the CI pipeline for our VM images better.
- You contribute to the PowerShell (Windows) code that configures virtual machines for use on our network
- You'll use Packer to define how images are built
- You contribute to automated test suites that ensure that VM images are ready for production when they’re built
- You actively engage in a motivated team, ready to take on challenges outside of your comfort zone and collaborate on a shared codebase and code reviews.
- You code in Python to help power our VM images
- Windows and Linux administration/automated configuration experience
- Experience using PowerShell to automate tasks in Windows
- Experience working with CI systems such as Jenkins, TravisCI, drone.io, etc
- Experience using configuration management systems such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- You script in Python
Other (Nice to Have)
- Ruby scripting
- Docker and Kubernetes
- KVM/QEMU or other virtualization platforms
- Experience using Selenium a plus