SalioGen is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Principal Scientist or Associate Director to join our Cell Therapy programs to deliver cell therapy pipelines in multiple disease areas in regenerative medicine and enzyme replacement therapy. The candidate will plan and execute ex vivo and in vivo experiments, utilizing human and mouse cells to test, establish standard protocols, and work independently on various aspects of the SalioGen Gene Coding platform to optimize cell therapy products.
The position will involve management of multiple projects and team members in parallel. Intellectual contribution to new strategies will also be expected. The candidate will bring an entrepreneurial spirit, design experimental plans independently, communicate regularly with leadership, and be comfortable working in, and contributing to, a very dynamic and cross-functional team.
- Develop therapies for enzyme replacement and regenerative medicine
- Develop and evaluate human and mouse stem cell culture systems in ex vivo and in vivo settings.
- iPSCs generation, engineering, development, and differentiation to several cell lineages
- HSCs culture, engineering, expansion, and differentiation to several cell lineages
- Isolation and characterizing stem/progenitor populations by cell surface markers and FACS
- Design and carry out primary cell expansion and differentiation experiments
- Develop and evaluate gene delivery systems
- Analyze data and report results to scientific and management teams/meetings
- Establish stable cell lines expressing the therapeutic and synthetic proteins
- Iterate on designs to optimize gene expression, integration, and function
- Build standard operating procedures for the above processes
- Contribute to scientific strategy and communicate regularly with management
- Support preparation of publications, patent applications, and regulatory documentation
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Ph.D. in biological sciences or related areas with 1-5+ years of postdoctoral or biotech experience in stem cell biology, regenerative medicine, or protein replacement therapies.
- Expert in stem cell biology including, iPSC, pluripotency, self-renewal, cell fate, differentiation, embryonic and adult stem cells.
- Proficient in culturing primary human and mouse stem cells, multi-color flow cytometry, FlowJo, fluorescent microscopy, and optimize gene delivery protocols.
- Experienced with mammalian primary cell culture and lineage differentiation
- Experienced with mouse in vivo stem cell models
- Familiar with molecular/cellular biology skills, including RNA/DNA analysis, qPCR, protein analysis, intra- and extra-cellular staining, sequence analysis and plasmid design
- Experience with hematopoietic stem cell is a plus
- Experience in gene delivery techniques such as electroporation and nanoparticles is a plus
- Experience with mouse techniques including blood draw is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Essential organizational skills: Self-starter, has a high tolerance for ambiguity, is comfortable with start-up environments. Continually demonstrates:
- High learning agility
- Out of the box thinking
- Team player
- High performance mindset
- People Agility