If you are a Product Manager early in your career and looking to help shake up an industry, then we have the right role for you at Rubicon Project! We are pioneers and leaders in the AdTech industry with a highly scalable platform that helps buyers and sellers of Ads make transactions safely, easily, and quickly so that consumers globally see the most relavant Ads on many different platforms.
The Product Manager will lead the design and execution of our deals products and features at Rubicon Project, with special emphasis on our auction package and programmatic guaranteed offerings. You will work closely with the Product, Engineering, Revenue and Marketing Organizations to bring leading edge products to market. We are looking for people who fear no detail and have a passion for understanding and improving existing technologies to pave the way for innovative breakthroughs in ad tech with a strong drive to action and results.
What you will be doing:
- Understand the Programmatic Deals market and the needs of both buyers and sellers.
- Work with the key stakeholders to define, develop and execute the vision, roadmap, requirements, and performance metrics for our deals offering.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Rubicon’s deals business and communicate Rubicon’s offering both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with product teams and engineers to bring solutions to market on time and within budget.
- Own backlog grooming and prioritization while collaborating with stakeholders
- Work with customers, sales, operations, engineering, business intelligence, marketing and product management to assess the technical feasibility of features, manage product roadmaps, develop product specifications and GTM strategies for Core Marketplace products and features of Rubicon’s ad exchange platform.
- Surface technical and scope trade-offs required to allow Business Team to make informed decisions
- Negotiate with Development Managers, Project Managers and other Product Managers on features and functionalities to be included in each release.
- Perform detailed analysis on existing and new functions and features to make informed, data driven suggestions and decisions.
- Work with engineering team to develop product specifications, data flows and tracking requirements. Work with Sales team to support GTM planning and produce necessary supporting documentation.
What we look for:
- Strong domain expertise in one or more areas of real-time ad exchanges such as DSP, DMP, SSPs, etc. is a strong plus
- Understanding of the online display, mobile, and video advertising space both from a publisher, exchange and buy-side perspective. Experience with APIs and industry standards is a plus.
- Understanding of the software development process and experience making design trade-offs
- Familiarity with the different types of Programmatic Deals.
- 2+ years of experience in digital media, ad tech and/or software product management working in cross-functional environments on large scale enterprise platforms.
- Be able to understand a variety of programming languages commonly used in ad tech, online publishing and mobile and CTV/OTT devices.
- Knowledge and understanding of software development best practices, digital content management and delivery, ad server technology, analytics platforms and general web development technologies across multiple platforms and device types.
- An ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization, ranging from detailed product documentation for engineering to developing training materials and presentations for sales.
- Experience in startup environments where a new product was taken to market successfully is a plus.
- Relevant degree(s) and/or related work experience: Technical background is a plus - BS/MS in Science and business or equivalent hands on experience indicating strong technical AND business background.
What's in it for you:
- Career growth opportunities: We encourage you to carve your own path across the organization and provide opportunities to grow professionally
- Hungry?: Each Rubicon Project office offers free daily lunches daily and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks.
- Take time for yourself: We offer an unlimited vacation policy and encourage you to refresh yourself as you need. We also close down the last two weeks of the year for a paid Holiday Break.
- 401k Match: We offer an unique 401K match program with a variety of tax break benefits
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of low cost medical, dental and vision plans to cover you and your loved ones with a multitude of options. In addition, we offer Basic Life and Disability Coverage provided at no cost to you
- Perks: Discounts to major name brand items, Travel benefit options, plus much more!