Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly Europe Ltd. is hiring a Site Director to lead and grow its Ireland-based European operation. The successful candidate will have a start-up mentality and be comfortable in growing an operational environment. They will maintain oversight of the operation of the European business, including the management of financial performance staffing, delivery performance, and regulatory compliance. They will lead teams of high judgment risk and compliance investigation professionals, and be a strategic leader in the growth of Ireland Operations.
This position will be based in Cork, Ireland, with travel across the region as well as regular travel to the US. You will report to the Remitly Global, Inc.'s Customer Success organization and you will serve as a member of the Remitly Europe Limited Board and have a reporting line to the Remitly Europe Ltd. Board of Directors.
This role holds the PCF-1, 8 and 42 function and therefore candidates must meet minimum requirements of Central Bank of Ireland fitness and probity rules.
- Leading and growing REL's Ireland operations, with broad responsibility to identify and hire exceptional local talent and service providers.
- Managing the P&L for Ireland Operations, and ongoing budget planning to support growth and identified areas of investment.
- Closely interact with the Board of REL, advise the Board in relation to execution of strategies, provide direction and facilitate the board in carrying out its governance functions.
- Preparation of Quarterly Reports for the attention of the Board of Directors.
- Build a team of highly skilled risk and fraud specialists, who are responsible for executing Remitly's fraud, anti-money laundering and regulatory compliance programs.
- Engage closely with Remitly Global's senior managers and regularly report risk management and customer experience performance.
- Ensure outsourcing arrangements between U.S.-based parent and Remitly are effectively managed, consistent with regulatory and contractual requirements, particularly in key risk areas for the licensed Irish entity.
- Identify and evaluate local service providers, and with support of legal counsel and Global staff, handle contractual negotiations, execution, and ongoing management of the Irish operation.
- Assist in recruitment and hiring of highly qualified individuals to fill Senior Management roles as operations expand.
- Deliver a globally consistent manual review experience that satisfies customers and drives overall customer retention and growth metrics for the company.
- improvements with key business partners to ensure operations performance and availability.
- Develop and maintain a monitoring and reporting process to keep Remitly Global fully updated regarding the status and direction of the EU operations.
- Ensure adoption of a culture consistent with Remitly's Core Values throughout Remitly's operations.
- Support a culture of compliance to ensure that policies and procedures are implemented in line with applicable law, regulations and license obligations.
- Liaising with key stakeholders including, Board, internal auditors, regulators, bankers and relevant industry associations.
- 10+ years of work experience in fast paced operational environments. Ideal candidate background:
- Prior experience in tech/digital, consumer tech, eCommerce, FinTech, banking, private equity, or venture capital preferred
- Strong experience in building and managing teams to scale.
- Experienced and inspiring people leader, able to attract, engage and develop high performing stars.
- Strong grasp of drivers and mechanics for high transaction volume businesses and ability to apply high judgment.
- Experienced working in a global matrix organisation.
- Proven success working in fast growth international environments.
- Extremely self-motivated and curious - desire to understand the Remitly customer, and translate those learnings into strategies.
- Strong alignment to our mission and values.
- Embraces a test-and-learn culture and data driven decision making.
- MBA or graduate degree in a quantitative discipline is preferred.
- Candidate will need to pass fitness and probity assessment for PCF-1, PCF-8 and PCF-42 before the Central Bank of Ireland.
- 33 days of vacation (including bank holidays)
- Group private medical insurance
- Group pension (6% contributed) + group income protection
- Continuing education
- 3000+ free online courses available
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.