Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly’s vision goes beyond Remittances, and we are tasked with the challenge of building new financial service products to Remitly’s immigrant customer base. Our team is building, testing, and expanding 0-1 initiatives, and currently focused on helping immigrants and their families overseas get access to much-needed credit and banking solutions. We operate like a startup within Remitly, combining the best parts of working in an early-stage venture with the resources of a later-stage technology company.
As the product marketing lead of one of our nascent credit business, you will be responsible for defining marketing within a new business. You will be comfortable being hands-on, driving our GTM plans and consumer insights, but also with a vision for how marketing can scale as the products and services expand. You are the bridge between our product team - helping influence our roadmap and strategy - to performance marketers driving channels and can comfortably engage in both worlds.
We’re looking for a seasoned marketing leader who’s worked in highly collaborative environments, partnering closely with Product, Engineering, Analytics, Legal and Compliance. You will have deep expertise in positioning, messaging, competitive differentiation and go-to-market strategies; you’ll also understand how to manage levers across the upper funnel, from awareness on paid channels (like Facebook and Google), organic channels (like referrals, field events and partnerships) to ensure we win and retain customers who need our offerings. You should have experience building a data-driven marketing flywheel with nascent products to inform strategy and ultimately growth.
You will report directly to the GM of our New Initiatives team, and be part of the lending leadership team. This role can be located in our Seattle, WA office or remote from anywhere in the USA.
- Inform our product roadmap using customer insights, identifying new differentiators that will best serve the needs of our target customers;
- Prioritize big bets and build go-to-market plans to achieve them, from initial scoping of the customer need and product differentiation, through Beta testing and rollout with an eye towards a holistic launch campaign
- Explore and launch new channels for growth, including third-party partnerships, customer referrals and promotions;
- Lead the creation of value propositions, messaging and ads. You’ll be the main voice and author of our customer-facing messaging, in ads, landing pages, lifecycle campaigns and app. You write simple copy that delights customers, backed by your research, insights and testing.
- Partner with product, engineering, analytics, customer support, and legal leaders in the org to set the near- and long-term strategy, balancing growth and retention to achieve goals
- Be the key champion for our brand, including how our offerings fit into the broader portfolio, as well as reasons to believe, brand identity, look and feel
- 8+ years of experience in consumer product marketing, ideally with people management experience
- A rigorous data-driven approach to inform strategy, understanding when to dig deeper and explore pivot, and when you have enough data to move forward
- Experience with lightweight testing as a means to longer-term product builds, with an eye towards building a scalable product without overengineering from the start
- A broad marketing toolkit, with a bent towards deep product marketing and consumer insights, as well as a strong understanding of performance marketing
- High comfort with creating executive business proposals, getting alignment and leading through influence
- A passion for the startup environment, where we learn fast, move fast and make decisions based on imperfect information
- A history of making decisions in a way that is consistent with our cultural values
- Love of art, branding, and design, and a track record of designing compelling narratives
- Experience in fintech or a highly regulated industry
- Experience with international products and services
- An extraordinary team with a manager who will invest in your career
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Opportunity to support students through the Remitly Scholars Program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer.