Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is at an exciting design juncture, moving from keeping up with a rapidly growing business to getting ahead. This role is accountable for the usability of Remitly's products - no small feat. You'll do that through evolving our design vision and strategy and implementing by building extraordinary teams, product partners, operations, and systems. You'll report directly to the VP of Design.
The cultural values critical to this role are Customer Centricity, Aiming for the Stars, Hiring and Developing Great People, and being Constructively Direct.
We're looking for a hands-on T-shaped leader competent across the entire range of a design organization but depth in UX design, design operations, and design strategy. This role can be performed in-person in Seattle or remote from within the United States.
- Be accountable for usability of Remitly's products
- Hire and develop the best design team in fintech
- Evolve design operations so the customer experience matches the brilliance of our design and product teams
- Own UX/UI vision and strategy
- Implement strategies and champion user centered design raising the customer experience bar across the company
- Prioritize and load-balance projects
- Implement and oversee the design system
- 7+ years of design experience, with 3+ years in a leadership role
- Proven ability with both design oversight and hands-on creation of highly crafted user experience design deliverables, including wireframes, customer journeys, concepts, information design and screen layouts
- Extensive experience in interface design, research, and new product development utilizing Lean UX methods
- Proven success designing world class mobile experiences (both native app – iOS and Android, and responsive/adaptive designs in browser)
- Strength in building relationships and effective communication with various internal and external audiences
- Outstanding portfolio that shows a hands-on UX track record with a range of customer-focused or user-focused software design solutions
- Working experience with prototyping for micro-interactions using tools such as Framer.js, InVision, Axure, Adobe suite, AfterEffects etc.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Track record of success optimizing e-commerce user flows highly preferred
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer