Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Machine Learning Platform team provides infrastructure and support for the entire model development lifecycle. Our portfolio includes: realtime and batch serving infrastructure, experimentation environments, model monitoring and metrics, and operational support and tools. We directly partner with machine learning engineers, analysts, and other engineering teams to provide important models.
We're building from our current base of model deployments and are now ready to expand our platform across many more use cases. As an engineering manager for this team you will report to the Director of Machine Learning and Data Engineering and guide the platform team along our path of capability and capacity expansion. Come help us provide high-velocity, high-quality ML infrastructure that connects upstream data to models that impact every transaction.
- Hire and develop a diverse team of software engineers
- Build a top-notch user experience for ML practitioners
- Steward and advocate for the quality and performance of ML systems
- Guide ML engineers toward performant models and other engineering teams toward ML friendly systems
- Collaborate with security and infrastructure teams
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of engineers across the seniority spectrum
- Experience working with machine learning or data intensive systems
- Applied engineering fundamentals/principles to experimental and interactive workflows
- Crafted and understood the technical details of design documents and provided useful feedback
- Collaborated across multiple engineering and product teams
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer