Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Senior Finance Manager will report to the Director of FP&A and lead corporate headcount planning across Remitly. This is a high visibility role, partnering with senior leaders across the organization with tons of opportunity to make an impact and grow as a finance professional.
- You will lead all aspects of corporate headcount expense (including compensation, contractor spend, employee benefits, payroll taxes, and equity) forecasting and reporting, as part of the annual budget and quarterly forecast process, including budget to actuals variance analysis
- Maintain corporate wide headcount reconciliation to ensure consistency and accuracy between planning system and HR system
- Identify and lead projects to improve, automate, and scale processes, and methodologies related to headcount planning
- Develop ad-hoc reports and analysis with key findings to support strategic planning, including benchmarking
- Build complex headcount models to inform future headcount planning
- You will partner with different leaders to build headcount investment cases to be evaluated by the Investment Committee
- You will partner with the teams to improve and report on headcount metrics headcount forecasts.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting or a related field
- 6+ years of professional experience in a financial analysis or accounting role
- Experience in headcount planning, analysis, and reporting
- Experience using a finance planning tool (e.g. Adaptive Insights is a plus)
- Passion for continuous improvement of processes and seek opportunities for automation
- Deep familiarity with data manipulation using tools such as MS Excel, Google Sheets to maintain complex spreadsheets and functions or macros
- You love analyzing data to connect the dots to identify problems and implement solutions
- You are comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior management
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer