Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is looking for a Legal Director, Corporate Governance and Securities, to advise the global business on securities, finance and corporate governance matters. You will manage our 1934 Act reporting and compliance requirements, 1933 Act requirements associated with capital raising activities and corporate governance responsibilities associated with the public holding company and international subsidiaries. You will be an important partner to finance, compensation and senior leadership around the world.
- Develop, implement and oversee all corporate governance policies and corporate secretarial functions, including preparation of Board materials and minutes, handling Board or shareholder consents and ensuring compliance with policies and charter documents
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures relating to securities law compliance and disclosure matters, including administration of our Insider Trading Policy, Section 16, Rule 144 and Rule 10b-5 requirements
- Manage our Disclosure Controls programs, with responsibility for preparing and advising on securities law disclosure for annual, quarterly and other periodic reports, and ensuring appropriate controls and reporting are operational at the management and board levels
- Prepare our securities filings including proxy statements, S-8, Section 16 filings, ensuring compliance with all applicable securities laws and stock exchange requirements
- Manage securities law aspects of executive compensation and employee benefit plan matters
- Provide legal support for corporate and securities transactions, including financings and equity/debt offerings
- Review and advise on external public-facing communications, policies and reports
- Manage Regulation FD compliance, investor engagement activities and Annual Meeting
- Bar admission in a major jurisdiction, preferably Washington, New York, Delaware or California
- 10+ combined years of legal experience as an in-house corporate securities or governance counsel or in a top national or international law firm
- Significance expertise in securities regulation and capital markets transactions, corporate finance, corporate governance, and private equity/venture capital financing transactions
- You identify a range of legal issues and advise within a structured and analytical commercial framework
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with and advising senior executives of an organization
- Working knowledge in Financial Tech and/or experience in a quickly scaling environment
- Experience hiring and managing high performing legal teams
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer