Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is looking for a mission-driven Director of Global Risk Operations with a background in leading large teams of highly engaged, customer-centric employees who continuously improve the customer experience every day.This role will lead our in house Risk Operations teams in Manila, Managua, and Cork and will play an integral role in transforming the risk customer experience.
The successful candidate will have a record of creating great customer and employee experiences in a high-growth organization. This role can be performed in-person in Seattle or remote from within the United States.
This role reports to the Director of Risk Operations.
- Lead outstanding customer-focused Risk operations results
- Inspire, lead, develop, and engage all people in our global operations centers
- Develop credible insights into risk customer issues and strategically influence Seattle HQ to reduce friction across the experience
- Inspire and lead transformational change management across distanced teams and locations
- Directly contribute to company level strategic planning and results
- 10+ years of managing large (500+), geographically diverse operations with highly engaged teams
- Ideally, you have led risk or compliance operations and have an understanding of regulatory environments
- Inspired mission-led leaders to create customer-centric experiences and solutions
- Demonstrates consistently sound business judgment
- Results-oriented with a passion for measurement
- Created continuous improvement through a process-focussed approach
- Strong alignment to our mission and values
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer