Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
The Passbook team is a startup within Remitly. We are building a new mobile-first digital bank for immigrants and their families, which was named one of Time's 100 best inventions of 2020. Our team is intensely customer-focused and draws talent from top local startups and other high-growth names like Facebook, Uber and Redfin. It's all the best parts of an early stage company accelerated by the assets and competitive advantage of Remitly.
What you'll do:
- Develop end to end features in partnership with other engineers.
- Participate in the ideation, technical design, and grooming of next generation of Lending with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint
- Focus on overall product quality and build
- Partner with Product Management, Design and other functions to build high-quality features for our users
Who you are:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of building software products, in a consumer or b2b setting
- Biased for action: willing to build the first prototype, try it, and iterate based on your findings
- Passionate about exploring data and using it to inform decisions
- Proficiency in one of the languages like Java, C#, C++, Go
- Bonus: Front end experience working with React, React-Native, TypeScript or other web platforms
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer