Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As the founding analyst focusing on credit products, you turn data and opportunities into growth. We are still testing and exploring potential products, so you get to be on the ground floor of a new business line. You will partner with product to ensure we are building the 'right' services for our customers. As we get tests in market, you will analyze customer behavior, build predictive models, be an expert on our economics, and ultimately give recommendations that help establish and scale our lending business. As an early stage team, you will be hands on to cover underwriting, marketing tests, product analytics, or any insights to unlocking growth. You will work with product managers, engineers, members of our business development team, and executive leadership to achieve customer and business goals. You will report to the GM of Passbook, and ultimately help guide the growth of the credit analytics function. This role can be located in our Seattle, WA office or remote from anywhere in the US.
- Use your curiosity to form transformational hypotheses
- Help build business cases, financial models, statistical models, and ad hoc analyses to grow a burgeoning lending business
- Help establish our path to and guardrails for measuring success of the program
- Develop economic, underwriting/risk, and other models
- Make strategic recommendations to grow our top and bottom line
- Create test designs and reads
- Understand customer problems and share insights and recommendations
- Big thinker, someone willing to challenge ideas
- A solid economic and finance working knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business, or quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Finance, Statistics, or related field)
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis, preferably within an early stage B2C business (bonus points for lending experience)
- "Craft" skills with SQL, R, Python, Excel (able to perform complex functions) etc.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer