Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Our Risk and Compliance teams are a cornerstone of our business and we are looking for an experienced Risk Operations and Compliance analyst to ensure we follow internal policies, local jurisdiction financial service laws, and other applicable regulatory requirements.
As an online money transmitter, Remitly is growing while maintaining high customer service, performance and compliance standards. Remitly is a licensed financial services company in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore, and Ireland. Each of these jurisdictions requires, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing program. The Compliance Analyst will help detect suspicious transactions and auditing risk processes.
The ideal applicant for this role will have previous work experience in the online financial services industry and will be. This role is based in our new office in Cork, Ireland.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Compliance Team Manager you will investigate suspicious activity, filing regulatory reports if needed, and working upstream with internal tools teams to systematically eliminate unwanted activity from the Remitly platform.
- Remitly is required by regulation to file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs). You will work as part the Compliance Team supporting the Compliance Officers to identify and submit SAR reports within internal service guidelines and government-mandated timelines
- Identify customer-related trends, patterns and issues associated with money laundering, terrorist financing and other suspicious transaction activity
- Evaluate internal reports and related filters to confirm Remitly is monitoring its customer base for compliance with the terms of its user agreement and regulatory requirements
- Ensure the Anti-Money Laundering policies and procedures are complied with at all times
- Lead periodic AML risk assessments and help implement needed corrective actions
- Work across teams to help build compliant products, systems, and tools
- Assist Compliance Team Manager with projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Assist operations and risk teams with enhancing and developing governance and risk programs
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Experience with AML, CTF, KYC and other government policies
- Substantive knowledge of applicable compliance issues and requirements
- Experience with payments products, services, and operations
- Non-obvious patterns and create solutions for complex issues directly affecting the customer experience
- Learn and share knowledge in a global team environment
- CAMS or BSA/AML certifications
- Experience either overseeing or directly contributing to operational compliance programs
- Direct experience in either e-commerce, banking or payments processor industries.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organisation and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honourably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer