Premise is Growing! We’re hiring a Backend Engineer in Seattle, WA. You will contribute to key components of our backend services and data infrastructure helping us to scale through our next phase of growth.
Premise is a worldwide network and predictive analytics platform bringing visibility to the world’s hardest-to-see places. We enable global decision-makers to move faster and make smarter decisions by employing local, on-the-ground contributors to observe and collect real-time data. Our current clients include The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and The United States Department of State (DOS). A $66M Series C Venture Capital organization, we are backed by Google Ventures, SocialCapital, and Andreessen Horowitz, among others. Learn more about us at www.premise.com; or follow us at @premisedata
We are a passionate, tight-knit, super-driven team that moves fast, appreciates candor, and deeply values the diversity of our backgrounds. Our diversity mirrors the global nature of our work: we've lived in 30 countries, speak 14 languages, and believe in the value of life experience that an unconventional background inherently brings. What unites us is our innate curiosity and collective ambition to build technology that ultimately has a measurable human impact. We are excited to bring on smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software having global impact.
What you get to do:
- Build backend applications that drive features ranging from user-engagement, notifications, targeting, payment, analytics, and fraud detection
- Contribute to the development of backend services by designing system and software architecture, writing specs, and building code
- Collaborate with engineers from the web, mobile and data science teams to build clean & well-documented APIs that drive a fast & highly relevant user experience
- Collaborate with data engineers to build scalable pipelines for ingesting and cleaning data, and deriving signals that feed back into the application
Your background likely includes:
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining mission-critical applications
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service and integrity
- Software development using object-oriented and scripting languages (Java/Python)
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience & analytical skills
- Passion for learning and sharing knowledge with the team around you
- You are passionate about building and developing a world class engineering culture. You are humble and drive positivity.
- Developing for Google Cloud Platform
- Statistics experience and bias for measurement and driving action with metrics
- Experience with Scala
The New York Times: Lawrence Summers to join Board of hyperdata startup
Washington Post: These smartphone photos can help shape national policy