Pliant Therapeutics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic diseases. As the leader in the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of fibrotic diseases, Pliant is developing small molecule drug candidates specifically designed to impact the fibrotic process.
The Company’s lead product candidate, bexotegrast (PLN-74809), is an oral small molecule, selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. Bexotegrast has received Fast Track Designation and Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and Orphan Drug Designation from the European Medicines Agency in IPF and PSC. Pliant is currently conducting BEACON-IPF, a Phase 2b trial of bexotegrast for the treatment of IPF and INTEGRIS-PSC, a Phase 2a trial of bexotegrast for the treatment of PSC.
Pliant has also developed PLN-1474, a small molecule, selective inhibitor of αvß1 for the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH with liver fibrosis. Pliant is conducting a Phase 1 study for its third clinical program, PLN-101095, a small molecule, dual-selective inhibitor of αvß8 and αvß1 integrins, that is being developed for the treatment of solid tumors. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies.
An opening is available for Pliant's Summer Internship Program with the Portfolio and Program Management department! We have a summer internship available for a student in their undergraduate or graduate career in Chemistry, Biology, or a closely related field. Our PPM intern will experience in program management at a successful, quickly growing clinical stage biotechnology company. Our PPM intern will provide support on a variety of projects and programs across the organization. This is a great opportunity to learn about the program management in biotechnology and drug development, particularly if you are interested in a career in PPM. This is not a remote role; our office is located in South San Francisco. Pliant’s Internship Program will start June 10th and end August 9th.
- Work with Teams to create and execute project plans and delivery of project milestones.
- Attend meetings with Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Nonclinical, Regulatory, and Business Development.
- Manage, organize, and support PPM tools and systems such as Smartsheets.
- Support PPM best practices.
- Other tasks depending on the business needs of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, abilities and prior experience required.
- At least 18 years of age
- Currently enrolled at an accredited institution and already completed one semester/quarter, with at least an undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Biology, or a closely related field, preferably with expertise in organic chemistry; and/or a current student, 4th year or later in a graduate program in Chemistry, Biology, or a closely related field, preferably with expertise in organic chemistry.
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Exceptional organizational, written, and oral communication and project management skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information using excellent discretion and judgment.
- Self-motivation and ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to accept new responsibilities in a fast-paced, multi-project environment.
- Must be available for the entire length of the program.
Pliant requires all interns to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. (subject to any legally required exemptions).
The hourly rate for undergraduate students is $20/hr and $22/hr for graduate students.
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.