Pliant Therapeutics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic diseases. As the leader in the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of fibrotic diseases, Pliant is developing small molecule drug candidates specifically designed to impact the fibrotic process.
The Company’s lead product candidate, bexotegrast (PLN-74809), is an oral small molecule, selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. Bexotegrast has received Fast Track Designation and Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and Orphan Drug Designation from the European Medicines Agency in IPF and PSC. Pliant is currently conducting BEACON-IPF, a Phase 2b trial of bexotegrast for the treatment of IPF and INTEGRIS-PSC, a Phase 2a trial of bexotegrast for the treatment of PSC.
Pliant has also developed PLN-1474, a small molecule, selective inhibitor of αvß1 for the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH with liver fibrosis. Pliant is conducting a Phase 1 study for its third clinical program, PLN-101095, a small molecule, dual-selective inhibitor of αvß8 and αvß1 integrins, that is being developed for the treatment of solid tumors. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies.
An opening is available for Pliant's Summer Internship Program with the Finance department! We have a summer internship available for a student in their undergraduate or graduate career in Finance, Business, or a closely related field. This internship will provide a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a biotech setting. This is not a remote role; our office is located in South San Francisco. Pliant’s Internship Program will start June 10th and end August 9th.
- Support SEC reporting and perform ad hoc reports and requests.
- Assist in the month-end close processes.
- Prepare journal entries and upload them into NetSuite.
- Maintain and update expense schedules and accruals relating to G&A, R&D, and clinical trial activities.
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts and investigate variances.
- Explain fluctuations in accounts period over period.
- Respond to financial audit and SOX requests.
- Carry out other related duties and assist on other projects, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, abilities and prior experience required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Currently enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited institution and already completed one semester.
- Currently majoring in and/or taking accounting classes.
- Must be available for the entire length of the program.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Time management, planning, communication, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize efficiently, and adapt to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Capable to work both independently and in close collaboration with others.
Pliant requires all interns to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. (subject to any legally required exemptions).
The hourly rate for undergraduate students is $20/hr and $22/hr for graduate students.
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.