At PathAI, we're applying Computer Vision and Machine Learning in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. There's a lot of work to do and a lot of great products to build, and a well-engineered experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We're looking for a skilled Senior Software Engineer in Test (SDET) focused on testing strategy, testing techniques, and testing infrastructure. You will be the subject matter expert and create our testing strategy, provide tooling, and help teams adopt these new approaches and tools.
At PathAI, The SDET position is a software engineer just like any other member of the team and is held to the same standards for software engineering. We want our SDETs work to be integrated within the greater software development teams, understanding and advising on architecture, teaching good test habits, and aiding in designing and implementing automated tests at all levels. Additionally SDETs create frameworks, systems and infrastructure to help the greater organization in elevating our test capabilities and habits. You will be joining our budding SDET organization as we tackle more products and mature our testing infrastructure and strategy.
Day-to-day we would like our SDETs to operate in the same space and manner of the product teams and participate in planning, design, and implementation. Additionally, we would like to see our SDETs think about how to teach engineering groups about test structure and how application design affects testing. Our SDET position is a unique role as we are looking for someone who can be both hands-on as well as be in an advisory capacity. The SDET will be responsible for the frameworks and infrastructure allowing them to elevate and display their own software design skills.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Taking our testing strategy to the next level. Building on a solid base to evolve the PathAI testing strategy, frameworks and infrastructure to help improve the overall quality of our platform.
- Work with our engineering teams to implement current best practices from the testing world based on our strict quality requirements.
- Work with our engineering and product management teams to define the desired level of test coverage and then to achieve that coverage.
- Work with our engineering teams to ensure that the tests improve overall developer efficiency. Ensure that engineers are equipped with the right tools in order to understand test failure causes and to debug failures when needed.
Our employees' skills come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll need:
- Engineering skills. You’ve been part of an Agile development team responsible for delivering product features either focused purely on testing or both development and testing
- Experience testing at every level of the tech stack. You’ve written automated tests for a complex system including APIs and a modern web UI
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.