Who we Are
At Parse Biosciences we are passionate about our mission of accelerating progress in human health and scientific research. At the core of our company is the Evercode technology - our pioneering approach for single-cell sequencing through split-pool combinatorial barcoding. Single-cell sequencing has already enabled groundbreaking discoveries which have led to new understandings of cancer treatment, tissue repair, stem cell therapy, kidney and liver disease, brain development, and the immune system. At Parse, we are providing researchers with the ability to perform single cell sequencing with unprecedented scale and ease.
This hybrid Lab & Facilities Technician will directly contribute to the growth and success of Parse by helping to keep our laboratories running seamlessly, and to establish and maintain a robust and dependable preventative and corrective maintenance program for lab and office equipment, including the planning and scheduling of maintenance and repairs, and performing these on site as possible. Top candidates will be extremely well organized and mechanically inclined (aka “handy”) with strong time management skills, a sense of urgency, reliability, and who approach their work with a customer-focused mindset.
In this Position, you will
- Be responsible for maintaining our office and laboratory spaces, equipment, instruments, and supplies either directly or through our supplier network
- Maintain accurate and organized inventory, inventory tracking, and ordering processes
- Perform or coordinate installation, de-installation, and preventive maintenance of facility and lab equipment (e.g. freezers, ice machines, and pipettes)
- Assemble and move various types of office furniture and/or equipment
- Help coordinate renovations and/or refurbishments of office and laboratory spaces
- Provide on-call coverage to support and respond to equipment failures and other emergencies in a timely manner
- Work with external service providers and coordinate maintenance, repairs, etc.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and comfortable work environment, following established safety programs and policies to maintain an accident-free workplace
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on equipment acquisition, installation, training, and maintenance
- Partner with VP of Operations to understand, build and maintain the Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) program, including:
- Co-leading the safety committee (with guidance)
- Maintaining compliance with OSHA-required documents that are required to be updated annually
- Keeping the Chemical Hygiene Plan current
- Tracking of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for all chemicals brought into the lab
- Following waste disposal protocols
- Perform routine lab maintenance such as cell culture (we will train)
- Maintain clean and safe lab and office environments, including general lab housekeeping
- Identify and suggest continual improvements to the laboratory and other area equipment and processes
- Address lab issues and requests in an efficient manner
- Learn and keep familiar with lab procedures and protocols
For this Position, WE look for
- Mechanical inclination and aptitude, with basic knowledge of electrical, mechanical (HVAC-R, plumbing, etc.) and other technical concepts for troubleshooting and performing standard maintenance
- Highschool Diploma and 1+ year of related work experience
- Exceptional organizational and time management abilities'
- Someone excited by working in a fast-paced startup environment and a hybrid position
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet defined deadlines
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- The ability to crouch, bend, climb ladders, and lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel and/or other organizational software
Parse Biosciences is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Parse Biosciences has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to all employees regardless of work location, except as prohibited by applicable law. As such, newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices.
keywords: facilities coordinator, lab technician, maintenance, HVAC, mechanical aptitude, handy, office furniture assembly, lab inventory, stocking
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx (prescription) coverage beginning on the 1st day of the month following your start date. Parse covers 90% of the monthly premiums for employees, and 60% for dependents.
- A 401(k) program with no waiting period to participate
- Basic life insurance and short and long-term disability coverage. Monthly premiums for both are covered at 100% by Parse.
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options for medical, dependent care, and commuter expenses
- A transportation program (Seattle only)
- New hire equity grants
- 12 paid holidays annually
- A generous time off policy