Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, we believe in the transformative power of community, and our members use their real identities to connect with people and businesses around them. Protecting our members’ trust is core to what we do. The Information Security team at Nextdoor manages all things Security-related, partnering with engineering, product, legal, and HR to protect Nextdoor members and data.
The Impact You’ll Make
As Senior Cloud Security Engineer, you will protect Nextdoor’s production infrastructure and enable product and engineering teams to create scalable, secure by design applications. You should have hands-on experience designing and managing large public cloud infrastructure.
You will be a leader enabling cloud security at a cloud native tech startup. You should be excited to bring your experience and expertise every day in order to:
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to improve security visibility, monitoring, hardening, and operational response in a cloud native zero trust AWS environment.
- Use Infrastructure as Code for configuration management and security using an automated CICD pipeline.
- Build scalable secure-by-design infrastructure, application, and IAM patterns that limit the potential blast radius of successful cyber attacks.
- Build, manage, and implement security tooling to prevent, mitigate, and automatically remediate vulnerabilities and misconfigurations while optimizing developer productivity.
- Share your knowledge and passion for cybersecurity.
What You’ll Bring to The House
- 6+ years hands-on technical experience in information security, software development, and cloud, including experiencing designing or managing cloud security in a large public cloud environment.
- Experience designing and implementing scalable and secure IAM policy patterns.
- Experience deploying Infrastructure as Code using an automated pipeline.
- Experience with container security and container orchestration tools.
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate with diverse teams, including those that do not have a security background.
- Experience with AWS security best practices and tools such as Inspector, Detective, GuardDuty and Security Hub.
- Security and cloud certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect, AWS DevOps Engineer, AWS Security Specialty, GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), and ISC2 Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP).
- Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley and GDPR.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.