At Modern Meadow (MM) we are harnessing the power of design, biology and material science to produce high performing, sustainable, and scalable bio-based products. At the intersection of biotechnology and material science, we design solutions for the way we want the world to perform. We are pioneers of biofabrication, building with biology. Because we have introduced a more effective, more responsible, and readily available supply, we are shifting demand away from extractive practices and toward a sustainable bioeconomy.
Reporting to the General Manager, Biomedical, this role will play a key role in identifying and managing and informing internal and external biomedical research using Modern Meadow's advanced application platforms for the improvement of human health and healing.
Responsibilities will include analysis of scientific and patent literature, competitive intelligence, supporting internal and external technology development projects, including project management in alignment with Business Unit (BU) Goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project leadership for research initiatives and collaborations, including implementing processes and metrics for tracking progress.
- Identify and validate new business development opportunities while partnering with the technology group to develop research proposals.
- Partner with the technology group to identify strategic technology partnerships in support of the commercial and technical strategy.
- Collaborate with the Science & Technology group to support internal project teams in developing project charters and project briefs
- Evaluate research and patent publications and trends across a diversity of biomedical areas and identify collaborative opportunities and competitive threats.
- Lead primary and secondary market research to evaluate and validate commercial strategies and opportunities.
- Facilitate and drive the negotiation and execution of commercial agreements.
- In alignment with Business Unit objectives, support outreach to potential collaborators and industry partners.
- Represent Modern Meadow at industry events, symposia, and conferences.
- Collaboratively develop financial and strategic analysis with other functional leaders.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences
- 8+ years of postgraduate, full-time work experience, in regulated product development and commercialization
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and communicate scientific and technical information and concepts
- Demonstrated skill in performing market and competitive research using scientific, commercial, and patent data sources and tools
- Basic understanding of the life science industry and intellectual property law
- Strong interpersonal, meeting skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability be physically on campus 60% at our Nutley, NJ HQ
- Ability to travel as dictated by business needs for various events and or conferences
What we offer:
We believe in investing in our employees’ wellbeing and professional growth a Modern Meadow and are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits for the total health of our organization including:
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement planning (401k Matching)
- Flexible paid time off
- Winter Break (Company observed reset and recharge, final week of the year)
- Commuter Benefits
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Bi-monthly learning blocks to reinvest in your development utilizing LinkedIn Learning or other job specific programs
- Identity Theft and Legal services
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Collaborative, transparent, and inclusive culture with monthly engagement activities and programs
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment.
Modern Meadow is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with anti-discrimination law, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.