Here at Modern Meadow, we are harnessing the power of design, biology, and engineering to produce a range of bioproducts. As we continue to grow, we are seeking to hire highly motivated and experienced Bioprocess Engineer to join our biomedical research team. This individual will have an opportunity to join a newer project team and will be working with Modern Meadow's advanced application platforms for the improvement of human health and healing.
- Work within the bioprocess team todevelop and optimize downstream purification processes using a strong fundamental understanding of scientific principles.
- Independently, identify and develop procedures for purification of proteins using a variety of methods, including chromatography, tangential flow filtration, centrifugation, enzymatic reactions, and protein precipitation, while continuously considering process scalability.
- Establish appropriate set-points and ranges for process parameters leading to robust and repeatable process performance.
- Analyzes and evaluates data to make sound conclusions.
- Collaborate with the Analytics team to identify suitable tools and methods for the characterization, detection, and/or quantification of critical quality attributes.
- Perform process scale-up using engineering principles and prepare technology transfer documents for pilot or clinical manufacturing.
- Enjoys working at the bench for majority of the time and able to communicate results, conclusions, and recommendations within cross-functional team meetings.
- Maintain accurate and complete records consistent with company policy and legal requirements.
- Provide mentorship, leadership, and knowledge to research associates and help them develop and achieve project/career goals.
- A degree in Biochemical Engineering/Chemical Engineering/Biochemistry or related science with a focus on protein process development
- 3-5 years of relevant R&D experience with a Masters’/ Bachelor's degree
- 0-2 years of relevant R&D experience with a PhD degree
- Strong scientific background in protein purification and process development with extensive hands-on experience in downstream processing of biologics.
- Ability to lead the work of research associates, and independently lead research projects.
- Knowledge of global current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in active pharmaceutical ingredients manufacturing – a PLUS
- Goal-oriented, highly adaptable, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment is required.
- Ability to think outside the box with regards to protein purification and provide innovative solutions towards solving complex purification, process and scaleup problems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, passionate, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Modern Meadow is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with anti-discrimination law, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and
affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability
status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.