About Mission Bio
Mission Bio is a high-growth, well-funded Series C company based in South San Francisco, California. Our mission is to enable our customers to eradicate cancer. We do so with our innovative microfluidic system that is the leader in the high throughput single cell, multi-omics space that is used by major cancer centers and pharma / biopharma companies globally to better characterize cancer as well as providing solutions to accelerate therapeutic development, such as the future standard of care in cell and gene therapy.
We are a dynamic and diverse team. We live by the culture of “One Cell One Team One Vision”. We are collaborative, we are driven, and we are curious.
Scientist or Sr. Scientist
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the R&D Team as a Scientist/Senior Scientist. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for performing studies related to current and future product development. The position will be critical in generating analytical and experimental data related to Mission Bio’s products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help conceive and develop new products for Mission Bio’s single-cell multiomics platform.
- Generate single-cell sequencing libraries and perform next-generation sequencing (NGS) on Illumina sequencing platforms.
- Develop, optimize, and execute various experimental protocols.
- Organize and plan experiments with minimum supervision.
- Analyze and present experimental results in weekly and monthly meetings.
- Experience with a range of laboratory analytical techniques. Examples include UV/vis spectroscopy, fluorescence-based assays, Bioanalyzer.
- Ability to perform general molecular biology techniques. Examples include PCR, real-time PCR, DNA/RNA/protein extraction, purification, and quantification.
- Familiar with some basic cellular biology techniques. Examples include flow cytometry, ELISA, light and fluorescence microscopy.
- Experience in cell culture and cell handling is highly desired.
- Experience with NGS library preparation and Illumina sequencing platforms operation.
- Experience with single-cell technology and/or microfluidics platforms.
- A good understanding of general principles of molecular and cellular biology.
- Excellent skills in presentation, communication, documentation, organization, and time management.
- Comfortable with dynamic working environment and adaptable to shifting demands.
- Passionate about science and not easily discouraged with failures.
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology/Cell Biology/Biochemistry or associated fields.
- Good understanding of DNA and RNA sequencing technologies and techniques.
- Two or more years of industry experience is desired, but not required. Job title will be determined by experience.
- Hands-on experience with single-cell sequencing data analysis.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics or computational biology (e.g., R, python) is a plus.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer medical, dental and vision insurance, pre-tax commuter options and a 401(k) plan for all US employees.
- Flexible working hours: We offer unlimited vacation for you to take the time you need to recharge and be your most productive self at work.
- Training and professional development: Your manager will work with you to define objectives for your professional development and help you progress in your field.
Mission Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.