About Mission Bio
Mission Bio is a high-growth, well-funded Series C company based in South San Francisco, California. Our mission is to enable our customers to eradicate cancer. We do so with our innovative microfluidic system that is the leader in the high throughput single cell, multi-omics space that is used by major cancer centers and pharma/biopharma companies globally to better characterize cancer as well as provide solutions to accelerate therapeutic development, such as the future standard of care in cell and gene therapy.
We are a dynamic and diverse team. We live by the culture of “One Cell, One Team, One Vision.” We are collaborative, we are driven, and we are curious.
We are looking for an individual to join Mission Bio as an entry-level Manufacturing Intern for six months only. This candidate will ensure product quality and on-time delivery in a start-up reagent manufacturing environment. This candidate will also contribute to the continual improvement of processes and documentation, communicate results and escalate issues with the area manager/supervisor.
The ideal candidate must be a quick learner and team player, highly motivated and detail-oriented, have a basic understanding of manufacturing operations and lab techniques, have the ability to adapt and thrive in working in a fast-paced, dynamic and supportive environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Execute production operations according to defined procedures and ensure integrity and quality
● Perform formulation, dispensing and qualification of reagents and packaging of finished goods
● Execute in-process testing of reagent consumables
● Maintain accurate, detailed documentation of all batch records and notebooks under ISO
● Draft and review manufacturing SOPs, work instructions, and production batch records
● Process work orders accurately using an ERP system in a timely manner
● Accurate tracking of production data, test data and inventory
● Operate, troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance of lab equipment
● Chemical and biological analytical characterization
● Operate and maintain laboratory to clean room standards
● Able to work outside of regular work hours/ work a flexible shift as needed
● Ability to maintain high manufacturing standards
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to multi-task and function well in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment
● Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite or related software
● Ability to operate lab equipment like Qubit, Nano-drop, BioAnalyzer, microspore
● Experience with manual pipetting
Education and Experience:
● BA or BS in biology or chemistry is preferred, Associate degree minimum requirement
● 0 – 1 year of life science laboratory experience, preferably in a wet lab environment
● Experience with operation of liquid handling robotic system a plus
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer medical, dental and vision insurance, pre-tax commuter options and a 401(k) plan for all US employees
Mission Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.