At the forefront of farming and food, UPSIDE Foods is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. The founding company of the industry, UPSIDE Foods is a mission-driven organization focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
We are looking for a Procurement Category Lead to work cross functionally internally and externally in pursuit of our mission to produce world-class meat products. The Procurement Category Lead will be responsible for developing key direct material category strategies for sourcing and strategic growth. Success in this role will be measured by development and execution of 3+ year out sourcing strategies, ensuring supply, and managing supplier relationships. The ideal candidate is someone who can influence others, quickly problem solve, is self motivated and is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Develop and present market-competitive category management strategies which include internal stakeholder requirements, negotiations, list of suppliers and/or alternatives to a negotiated agreement
- Provide current marketplace trends in price, suppliers, and/or other conditions affecting business in assigned categories with ability to analyze supply & demand factors within key categories
- Manage and maintain relationship with suppliers while continuously developing critical relationships with various suppliers
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships between the procurement team and internal customers providing appropriate levels of service and addressing priorities as needed
- Identify suppliers and products for new lines of business with continuous growth including working with early development of R&D
- Translate business strategies, challenges, and opportunities into sourcing opportunities
- Recruit and maintain suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct
- 4+ years of procurement and/or supply chain and ops experience in CPG, biotech, and/or pharma industry
- Strong analytical capabilities, business savvy and leadership skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to multi-task and ensure accuracy of information and entry
- Demonstrate knowledge in ERP systems
- Work independently while contributing to a team environment
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Comfort with evolving responsibilities and flexibility to adapt within a developing company
- Stock options for all full-time incoming team members!
- 90-100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for team members (medical [including HSA and FSA], dental, and vision)
- Pet insurance for your furry family members!
- Unlimited PTO
- DE&I (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) Council and People Engagement Programs
- Company-sponsored learning & development opportunities
UPSIDE Foods is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our company-wide mission is to create a product for everyone, so we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.