Are you looking for a role with impact?
Magenta Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing therapeutics to reset the immune system to cure more patients with devastating and life-threatening diseases. This immune reset approach can be applied through stem cell transplant to multiple diseases, including autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and systemic sclerosis; blood cancers, such as acute myeloid leukemia; and genetic diseases, such as sickle cell disease.
Magenta’s comprehensive approach to precision immune system reset will transform many aspects of the transplant process, aiming to make it safer and more effective. Our culture is fueled by a driven, passionate group of people committed to making a difference, seizing opportunities for maximum impact, and pursuing progress for the patients we seek to serve.
We are seeking a Associate Scientist or Scientist, Bioanalysis to support and implement the bioanalytical function for sensitive measurement of antibody-drug-conjugate exposure beginning with early preclinical pharmacology studies through to GLP assays ready for toxicology studies, as well as supporting human studies. This individual will be responsible for the conduct of the design, analysis, interpretation, transfer and reporting of the pharmacokinetic and/or biomarker data utilizing state-of-the-art methodologies (LC-MS, Ligand Binding Assay, ELISA). When appropriate, this position will have responsibilities in the analysis of the relevant PK and/or biomarker data, including generation of calculated PK parameters, as well as tables, listing, and graphs. Additional responsibilities include preparing GLP reagents, routine qualification of instrumentation, data analysis, assisting in preparing and reviewing bioanalytical plans, protocols, and reports to meet regulatory requirements and management of bioanalytical activities.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work broadly across Magenta’s pipeline and program teams, spanning all development stages and therapeutic indications. This individual will be a visible contributor to our teams, with responsibilities and input that are both scientific and operational in nature. Where appropriate, this position will be influential in directing Magenta’s technical capabilities regarding the bioanalytic support of projects.
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by and want to be responsible for:
- Generation and characterization of reagents, performance of experiments for development and qualification of assays, assay throughput and writing related procedures and reports.
- Serving as primary contact for “hands on” operation of BA work, including the analysis of samples and associated duties, processing of biological samples, ensuring adequate levels of reference materials, control matrix, and project-specific consumables and resources, assisting in method validation, and data processing/reporting, QC checking and data compilation, and basic operation and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Assisting in the analysis of PK and/or biomarker data, including generation of tables, listings, graphs, as well as generation of calculated PK parameters via non-compartmental analysis as necessary.
- Instilling and adhering to GLP and GCP regulations, relevant SOPs, protocols, policies, and safety procedures.
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- BS or MS in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacokinetics, or related discipline with a minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Hands on experience and good operational and theoretical understanding of immuno assays, such as ELISA, ECL, EIA, and/or immunogenicity assays.
- Theoretical knowledge of development and validation for immunoassays and molecular diagnostic assays preferable but no necessary.
- Eager to train on protocols, SOPs for assays and instrumentation. Some knowledge of assay automation preferable but not necessary.
- Must have excellent organization and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment as demonstrated by participating in and contributing to cross functional teams is necessary.
Successful leaders and contributors within Magenta are:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta’s mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way
- Intuitive. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business
- Collaborative. You will have demonstrated the ability to achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, while also recognizing when flexibility is needed.
- Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company
- A role model for the company’s cultural pillars; Courage, Commitment & Excellence
At Magenta, we celebrate our differences. We value the power of a diverse array of folks who bring all of themselves to their work. We embrace cultural, cognitive, social, and professional diversity because we know the only way we’re going to make new cures possible is by working together.