Lyell Immunopharma is seeking a qualified candidate to join our newly established R&D center in South San Francisco or Seattle as an experienced Scientist II in the T cell rejuvenation team. The ideal candidate will play a principal role in developing culture conditions for our rejuvenated T cells.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- The design and development of new protocols to test hypotheses
- Think creatively to solve problems and develop new technology in a collaborative, team environment
- Analyze/interpret results and effectively communicate them to other scientists on the team
- Responsible for the completion of research, experiments, and assignments that have an impact on functional/technical goals
- Participate and thrive in an interactive, team-oriented culture
- Responsible for mentoring and possibly managing associates
- Involvement in steering the scientific direction of external collaborations
- Expansive experience with stem cell biology and/or metabolism
- Consistent record of innovative contributions to stem cell biology and/or energy metabolism, as evidenced by first / senior-authored publications in top-tier journals and patent inventorship.
- Strong cell/molecular biology knowledge and experience.
- Strong experience with pluripotent or somatic stem cell culture work (culture, expansion, media formulations, passaging, preservation) will be considered as a plus.
- Degree in energy metabolism, metabolism of stem cells (or cancer cells), stem cell biology, or related field. MS will be considered for the position accordingly with their professional experience.
- Deep knowledge in several biologic fields: energy metabolism, stem cell metabolism, stem cell biology, and cellular reprogramming.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong experience with general cell culture work (culture, expansion, media formulations, passaging, preservation).
- Extensive experience in flow cytometry assays and analysis; more complex analysis and cell sorting experience a plus
- Proven hands-on experience with cellular metabolism using a variety of readout technologies (i.e. quantifying OCR, mitochondrial respiration, glycolytic activity, substrate oxidation, and metabolic switching)
Lyell offers its employees a range of compensation and benefits. To assist you with your
decision to apply for this role, the following information and links to our site highlight our
competitive market position and support to our employees and their dependents.
The salary range for this position is $135,000 to $150,000, annually, with the opportunity to earn an annual bonus. The salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on Lyell’s compensation practices and an applicant’s qualifications and experience. Employees are also eligible to participate in Lyell’s Equity Incentive Plan.
Our Employee Benefits program is extensive and includes subsidized medical, dental and vision plans from your first day of employment, FSA, Company provided Life and AD&D Insurance as well as STD and LTD Insurance, ESPP, a 401(k) Plan with Company match, mass transit commuter benefits, cell phone reimbursement and a range of supplemental benefits that you may choose to elect. Our paid time-off benefits currently include 18 days’ vacation, 9 day’s sick leave, 8 observed holidays as well as a floating holiday. We also have a summer and a winter office shutdown. More information on our extensive benefits offering can be found here.
At Lyell, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees.