Liveperson is growing !
LivePerson is a global leader in enterprise to consumer digital communications.
Our investment in artificial intelligence, bots, big data technologies, real-time analytics and a world-class hosted platform makes our technology possible at scale and serves the world’s largest enterprises.
We are engineers with a great passion for cutting edge technologies. We adopt open-source and develop our own tools to manage Liveperson’s big scale private and public clouds.
We are the owners of production infrastructure, managing thousands of servers scattered in multiple data-centers around the globe.
We are always after the next big thing in technology to support our business better!
What You Will Own?
- Responsible for assisting with all projects and repairs throughout the Data Centers world wide
- Understand and debug network, hardware, and Linux OS related issues
- Manage all SAN/NAS aspects in production
- Perform server upgrades, integration, rebuild and other projects as required
- Track issues and analyze data looking for trends and systemic issues
- Help identify specifications for tools that facilitate deployment and decommissioning of server hardware at scale
- You will participate in the occasional on-call rotation supporting the infrastructure.
What You Need for Success
- Hands on experience in production environments.
- 3+ years maintaining Linux and virtualized environments.
- Knowledge with server and network switch hardware
- Ability to multitask on multiple responsibilities.
- Experience with SAN/NAS technologies - Hitachi, Netapp, Nimble, Brocade, veritas cluster
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet), Cobbler or similar tools
- Familiarity with Python or shell scripting
- Understanding of enterprise level networking and storage equipment installs
- Understanding of out-of-band/lights-out server communication methods, such as IPMI