BOLD, an established and fast-growing technology company that transforms work lives. Since 2005, BOLD has delivered award-winning career services that have a meaningful and positive impact on job seekers and employers. BOLD’s robust product line includes professional resume and cover letter writing services, scientifically validated career tests, and employer tools that help companies hire, onboard, and communicate with their staff.
Do you feel that the existing process of creating a resume and applying to jobs is ready for disruption? Are you passionate about creating web experiences that delight customers? Do you thrive on solving challenging, technical problems and making an impact? If you answered yes to these questions, then we are looking for you to join our product team.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you will own making it easy and simple for customers to add work experience, skills, and professional summaries to their resume using our high quality, pre-written content. To accomplish this, your responsibilities will span the entire product pipeline, from evaluating customer needs; determining how we can leverage search, our unique data-set, and graph machine capabilities to provide users with the most relevant content; and delivering easy-to-use front-end product interfaces. All this needs to happen at scale across our ecosystem of many millions of job seekers.
This is an interdisciplinary role emphasizing breadth and orchestration across data engineering and science, development, content, and product management. A technical background is required, and we expect a firm grasp of technical capabilities and concepts. You will at the very least be able to ‘read API’. However, more important is the ability to work with multiple teams to come up with a mix that works - and works well - for the end user. Key skills here are a strong analytical bent of mind for defining key metrics/benchmarks and measuring at scale, as well as the ability to focus on the individual job seeker and answer the right questions: is her need being met? If not, how can we improve?
- Define clear product strategy and roadmap to achieve business goals.
- Understand and lead analyses of the competitive environment, customers, and product metrics to determine the right set of features to drive engagement and usage.
- Work closely with Development, Data Science, Data Engineering, Content, and Design to build and launch high-quality resume building experiences and relentlessly optimize them through AB testing.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering and Science to measure and improve our search and recommendation experiences to ensure our users find the right resume related content that best matches their skills and work experience.
- Work jointly with Data Engineering and Science, Content, and Development to assess and evaluate the content output of our Knowledge Graph and determine the best method for delivering this content to the end user.
- Translate customer needs into product and technical requirements.
- Define KPIs and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Have an exceptional technical understanding and an ability to establish credibility with engineers.
- Effectively Communicate product status and impact to partner teams, stakeholders, and leadership
- Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or a Technology related field.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in Product Management for a consumer facing internet product.
- Three (3) plus years in a technical role, such as a Software Engineer, Data Scientist, or Product Manager on a technical product.
- Prior experience in or working with machine learning, data related product functions, and data science teams.
- History of evaluating the relevance of search results and driving improvements with engineering and/or Data Science.
- Track record of improving the breadth, depth, and quality of consumer facing online content.
- Proven track record of taking ownership, thinking strategically, and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experienced in hypothesis-driven product iteration, running A/B testing, analyzing results, and determining business impact.
- Possess an understanding of technology stacks and level of efforts involved to be able to make right decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver under uncertainty.
- Master’s in Business, Engineering, Physics, Math, or technology related field.
- Experience with Resume or Jobs related products