Since 2005, BOLD has established itself as a job seeker’s ally. Unlike our competitors that specialize in posting jobs for employers, BOLD’s focus steadfastly remains on the job seeker. Our top-rated tools offer job seekers of every walk of life the help they need to get the jobs they want.
A profitable, mature startup, BOLD walks with the job seeker through every phase of the job search process. Our award-winning resume and cover letter builders have helped millions of job seekers in more than 180 countries create the application materials they need to succeed.
BOLD’s brands have a presence across the globe and BOLD is continuing to build its international offerings and serve millions of job seekers.
Our team’s mission is to give people the words to achieve success in their job search and in their career. We use automation and human expertise to create content for jobs across the globe including descriptions for work experience, skills and education so that customers can create a resume using highly personalized examples and tips.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Sr. Manager in Product Content who has scaled content development across multiple languages and markets. Reporting to the VP of Product, you will oversee a global team of content leads and a network of writers who execute our content strategy. You will partner with the Localization Team, data, product and engineering teams to define priorities, coordinate development of localized content, and build translation/content management systems that will scale with future growth. You will lead daily execution and long term strategy, hiring and developing talent in order to build a high functioning, customer-focused team.
To be successful in this role, you must have strong people and process management skills, you must be quality- and KPI-driven, and you must have a proven record of delivering systems and process improvements to scale content development. You will:
- Lead and inspire our international content creation team. Set vision and strategy, manage talent and develop processes, achieve quality and performance goals while ensuring a culture of trust and collaboration.
- Develop roadmap for content development, delivery and content tooling as well as automated translation systems that enable global scale and balance quality with cost and performance.
- Enhance framework and refine analytics to track coverage, quality, relevance, speed on an ongoing basis and dive deep to identify mechanisms to improve each of these performance dimensions.
- Mentor and develop a globally distributed content team. Monitor individual, team and portfolio performance and continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness. Manage vendors, ensuring high quality and performance.
- Implement consistent international tone and voice across all products and portals. Ensure localization best practices/standard methodologies are followed to minimize downstream quality issues.
- Build relationships with partners and business groups (across product, engineering, data teams) to launch successful localized content initiatives.
- Manage content budget, from planning and forecasting through final invoicing; evaluate efficiency of cost, timelines and quality.
- Ensure senior leadership and key stakeholders are informed and aligned on strategy, budget, and delivery.
The content we work on is specifically career domain content related to skills, duties/responsibilities for the hundreds of thousands of job titles across all types of employers and industries. Our team creates, curates and tags this content in multiple languages to serve relevant examples to job seekers and also create unique IP for the business and other innovative product features.
Right now, we work with ~30 contractors across 5 languages and have staff leads for each primary language. We have worked with vendors in the past but have not been happy with the quality. We are in the process of moving to a platform so help us to manage and source contractors and we are open to vendors in the future.
Currently, the team is comprised of 3 employees, the Language Leads mentioned above. We have Content Leads in UK-English (SF) , French (LA) and Italian (Luxembourg). This role would help us to build and organize the team to scale, measure performance, and find the balance between automated and curated content for our international portals.
- Demonstrated success in building and growing a content localization program from an early stage, developing processes and managing a high performing team
- Experience using analytics to drive performance: defining quality requirements and using data and metrics to drive improvement
- Detailed understanding of content management and localization technologies: translation memories, content management systems, machine translation, workflow automation etc.
- 10+ years work experience and hands-on localization or language-based experience in content management (NLP, NLU, NLG and/or machine learning experience desirable). 5+ years of management and leadership in a cross-functional organization
- Experience with L10N/I18N QA processes, testing, and standard methodologies and use of metrics to drive quality. Ideally, experience implementing or improving L10N QA processes at a medium-sized company
- Program and portfolio management experience, organizing multiple action plans within multiple functions
- Demonstrated tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables you to organize and lead programs and teams, overcome challenges, and propose solutions
- Outstanding collaboration and partnership capabilities, experience with managing global teams and selecting and managing localization / translation vendors across different geographies
- Curiosity for language, culture, regional nuance, and the desire to continually build empathy
- Comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm
- Eligible to work in the US
- Previous experience in the job search, recruitment or human capital industry
- Proficiency in one or more languages, other than English
BOLD is a fast-paced, innovative company full of smart, committed people who are passionate about our products and love helping people find the career of their dreams. We balance work and fun while continuing to build a successful, fast-growing company that is changing the way people get jobs.
Our vision is to revolutionize the online career world by creating transformational products that help people find the careers they love and reach their full potential.
BOLD is an equal opportunity employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.