Since 2005, BOLD has established itself as a job seeker’s ally. Unlike our competitors that specialize in posting jobs for employers, BOLD’s focus steadfastly remains on the job seeker. Our top-rated tools offer job seekers of every walk of life the help they need to get the jobs they want.
A profitable, mature startup, BOLD walks with the job seeker through every phase of the job search process. Our award-winning resume and cover letter builders have helped millions of job seekers in more than 180 countries create the application materials they need to succeed.
BOLD’s brands have a presence across the globe and BOLD is continuing to build its international offerings and serve millions of job seekers.
The User Experience Design Team at BOLD is responsible for delivering best-in-class web-based tools and customer experiences in a fast-paced, collaborative, startup-like environment.
As a Senior Manager of UX Design focusing on BOLD’s document creation tools, you will be leading product design and partnering closely with product managers and researchers to identify areas of opportunity to increase user engagement and user acquisition. Total team size is approximately 6. You are an experienced design leader with exceptional problem-solving skills, clear communication, good design instincts, and are interested in solving unique pain points and identifying new opportunities. You have experience leading and mentoring a partially remote team of multidisciplinary designers to develop consumer facing products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative environment.
- Lead & advocate for user-centered design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements.
- Work closely with product teams to develop user-centered design strategies.
- Drive the design cycle, lead workshops, and ensure all requirements for projects are met.
- Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Confidently communicate design decisions to executive stakeholders and synthesize feedback.
- Mentor and guide other designers by working closely to identify clear career paths, providing critical feedback, and establish growth plans.
- 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role demonstrated by a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your process for creating great user-centered design solutions.
- 2+ years of experience as a manager, lead, or similar experience leading a team of multidisciplinary designers of a consumer (B2C) product.
- Experience working with research teams to validate concepts and approaches.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate interaction design concepts clearly and persuasively across various digital product teams and executive stakeholders.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with user research methodologies and running user researcher studies.
- Working knowledge of the engineering process and hands-on experience with front-end development.
BOLD is a fast-paced, innovative company full of smart, committed people who are passionate about our products and love helping people find the career of their dreams. We balance work and fun while continuing to build a successful, fast-growing company that is changing the way people get jobs.
Our vision is to revolutionize the online career world by creating transformational products that help people find the careers they love and reach their full potential.
BOLD is an equal opportunity employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.