Since 2005, BOLD has established itself as a job seeker’s ally. Unlike our competitors that specialize in posting jobs for employers, BOLD’s focus steadfastly remains on the job seeker. Our top-rated tools offer job seekers of every walk of life the help they need to get the jobs they want.
A profitable, mature startup, BOLD walks with the job seeker through every phase of the job search process. Our award-winning resume and cover letter builders have helped millions of job seekers in more than 180 countries create the application materials they need to succeed.
BOLD’s brands have a presence across the globe and BOLD is continuing to build its international offerings and serve millions of job seekers.
The User Experience Design Team at BOLD is responsible for delivering best-in-class web-based tools and customer experiences in a fast-paced environment. The team collaborates closely with product management, engineering, research, and project stakeholders to create successful and effective user-centered design solutions.
Want to help shape the future of an innovative and fast-growing company that’s changing the way millions of people find the job they want faster? We’re looking for a Senior UX designer to lead the design for one of BOLD’s flagship products as a part of our document creation design team.
The ideal candidate has the ability to lead and manage design projects and the hands-on skills necessary to define product strategies, flows, interactions, mockups and prototypes in collaboration with product managers, engineering, research, and other designers. You will be a leader on the design team, bringing the best in current thinking and design methodologies and collaborating with other designers as we push our designs forward to better help our users reach their professional goals. This all happens alongside smart, funny, and competent colleagues.
- Create best-in-class design solutions and user experiences
- Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor
- Defining interaction models, user task flows, wireframes, and UI specifications
- Drive design direction for an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and developers
- Play a key role in making our products clean, timeless and intuitive
- Incorporate user research findings into designs, and assist in the collection of user research data
- Manage the design process throughout the entire project, drive decisions, track issues, and work with development to produce outstanding work
- Validate design solutions through moderated and unmoderated usability testing.
- Effectively communicate design choices & direction to multiple stakeholders by incorporating and articulating design principles which balance the customers' needs.
- 5+ years of web and mobile design experience for web and mobile products (keeping up to date with current design tools and applications), preferably for a highly trafficked consumer-facing website.
- A portfolio showcasing user experience design work and demonstrating abilities to:
- convey concepts through wire-framing, flows, and mockups
- tell compelling stories about your designs
- present your work with confidence
- connect design decisions to business strategies
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of web technologies such as HTML & CSS
- Experience with native mobile applications
BOLD is a fast-paced, innovative company full of smart, committed people who are passionate about our products and love helping people find the career of their dreams. We balance work and fun while continuing to build a successful, fast-growing company that is changing the way people get jobs.
Our vision is to revolutionize the online career world by creating transformational products that help people find the careers they love and reach their full potential.
BOLD is an equal opportunity employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.