Since 2005, BOLD has established itself as a job seeker’s ally. Unlike our competitors that specialize in posting jobs for employers, BOLD’s focus steadfastly remains on the job seeker. Our top-rated tools offer job seekers of every walk of life the help they need to get the jobs they want.
A profitable, mature startup, BOLD walks with the job seeker through every phase of the job search process. Our award-winning resume and cover letter builders have helped millions of job seekers in more than 180 countries create the application materials they need to succeed.
BOLD’s brands have a presence across the globe and BOLD is continuing to build its international offerings and serve millions of job seekers.
We’re looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to join our rapidly-growing team in downtown San Francisco. This Sr. Analyst will rotate in different functions within the finance team, including FP&A, Product and Marketing Analytics, and Payment Strategy. If you’re passionate about careers and ready to make an impact right away, we’d love to talk to you.
We are seeking candidates who are business-minded, data-driven, and able to translate large and complex data sets into meaningful information and have the desire to influence company’s decision and performance. As a Sr. Financial Analyst, you will be working with Payment Operations team, Business Intelligence Analysts, e-Commerce Platform team, Product and Marketing on forecasting, reporting, and strategic decision support. The successful candidate will have 4+ years of progressive experience in Finance, payment, economics or statistics, and be comfortable with both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
The exact length of each rotation will be flexible and depended on the need of the team at the time. The analyst will learn all functions of the SF Finance team and be able to adapt to situations as needed. At the end of the rotation, the analyst will have the opportunity to join each team.
Financial Planning and Analysis –
- Support annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process by maintaining and improving forecasting models and working closely with product managers and marketing teams to set goals and priorities
- Support the re-forecasting process by leveraging large amounts of operational and transactional data from various sources
- Help improve forecasting accuracy across all brands by improving consistency in assumptions and methodologies
- Build financial performance presentations for Executives and Product Managers
Product and Marketing Analytics –
- Support Product, Optimization, and Marketing teams with data analysis by translating raw data into financial impacts and insights
- Assess the size of product optimization opportunities and make strategic recommendations
- Build financial models to analyze business opportunities for new product lines or new markets, and conduct variance and scenario analysis
- Analyze marketing campaign data, to understand the competitive landscape of a market, the success of the campaigns, and make recommendations on how make improvements.
- Monitor and forecast payment related metrics, such as acceptance rate and fraud rate, and predict customer behaviors and metrics through data analysis and statistical modeling
- Understand the key drivers of company KPIs (Key Performance Indicators such as conversion rate, lifetime value of a customer, chargeback rate, and fraud rate) and the relative contribution of those drivers to the business performance through financial and statistical modeling
- Provide overall strategy around acquiring bank portfolio management, and payment methods in different countries
- Provide optimization strategies to increase payment acceptance rates and revenue
- BA in finance, economics, statistics or related field
- 4+ years of progressive experience in finance, payment, statistics
- Extensive experience in building complex financial models, conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis and scenario analysis
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Experience in presenting analysis to senior executives and working as a business partner across all departments
- Thrive in a complex, fast-paced environment;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to learn and be challenged
- Master’s degree in quantitative fields such as Economics and Statistics
- Payment experience
- Anaplan experience
- R or Python
- SPSS or SAS
BOLD is a fast-paced, innovative company full of smart, committed people who are passionate about our products and love helping people find the career of their dreams. We balance work and fun while continuing to build a successful, fast-growing company that is changing the way people get jobs.
Our vision is to revolutionize the online career world by creating transformational products that help people find the careers they love and reach their full potential.
BOLD is an equal opportunity employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.