BOLD is an established and fast-growing technology company that transforms work lives. Since 2005, BOLD has delivered award-winning career services that have a meaningful and positive impact on job seekers and employers. BOLD’s robust product line includes online resume and cover letter builders and a variety of other services that guide and assist the job seeker through the lifecycle of their job search.
The User Experience Design Team at BOLD is responsible for delivering best-in-class web-based tools and customer experiences in a fast-paced, collaborative, startup-like environment.
Want to help shape the future of an innovative and rapidly growing company that’s changing the way millions of people find the job they want faster? We’re looking for a Senior Design Technologist who is able to bridge the gap between technology and design. The ideal candidate is willing to lead decisions and directly influence the design strategy, design process, and direction of our products.
This position would work with our design teams to roll out new design expressions for all our core brands and maintain our BOLD design standards. Conceptualize UI components and UX experiences from a technology perspective, help our design and engineering team bring new life into our products, and design a process for other designers and engineers to work with global design guidelines.
- Participate in conception and iteration of creative and product design, while advocating and represent best-in-class interaction and technology opportunities.
- Bridge the gap between Product Design and Engineering, by coding front-end components and interactions, pushing code to production and reviewing engineering work.
- Code interactive prototypes to enable testing concepts as early as possible.
- Participate in Design Reviews and make sure your team’ solutions are in sync with other teams.
- Own the BOLD design standards portal and collaborate with Product, Design, & Engineering to maintain design patterns across both source files and code.
- Develop new components following the highest code standards and integrating them into the BOLD design standards
- Identify opportunities in the BOLD design standards and actively participate in building the next components.
- Participate in User Testing sessions and translate the needs of users into the design system.
- Effectively communicate design choices & direction to multiple stakeholders by incorporating and articulating design principles which balance the customers' needs.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- At least 5+ years of experience, having worked as both a designer and an engineer
- Portfolio showcasing design work, preferably including product design, motion, and code examples
- Experienced with designing for web and mobile products
- Ability to keep up to date with current design tools and applications
- Effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously with shifting priorities
- Ability to tell compelling stories about your designs, present your work with confidence, and connect design decisions to business strategies
- Experience running user research studies and applying research findings and insights
- Ability to convey concepts through wire-framing, flows, and mockups
- Experience with mobile frameworks and technology
BOLD is a fast-paced, innovative company full of smart, committed people who are passionate about our products and love helping people find the career of their dreams. We balance work and fun, while continuing to build a successful, fast-growing company that is changing the way people get jobs.
Our vision is to revolutionize the online career world by creating transformational products that help people find the careers they love and reach their full potential.
BOLD is an equal opportunity employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.