BOLD is an established and fast-growing technology company that transforms work lives. Since 2005, BOLD has delivered award-winning career services that have a meaningful and positive impact on job seekers and employers. BOLD’s robust product line includes professional resume and cover letter writing services, scientifically validated career tests, and employer tools that help companies hire, onboard, and communicate with their staff.
The User Experience Design Team at BOLD is responsible for delivering best-in-class web-based tools and customer experiences in a fast-paced, collaborative, startup-like environment.
As a UX designer, you will be responsible for delivering best-in-class web-based tools and customer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, collaborative, startup-like environment. You will work closely with product management, engineering/development and project stakeholders across brands. You are an well-rounded designer with exceptional problem-solving skills, clear communication, good design instincts, and can translate business needs into fantastic customer-focused solutions. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
- Design the visual style, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences,
- Drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and leadership for review and feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, hybrid designer, or similar role.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
- 3+ years of experience creating iterative design, working closely with customers and peers and developers from inception through implementation.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and desktop design, as well as working knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Great eye for visual design and layout.
- Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Deep experience in web and native apps and mobile first design approaches.
- Past experience in designing and launching consumer products.
- Ability to create lightweight prototypes to test ideas.
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
- Experience with designing professional UX design in addition to consumer UX.
BOLD is a fast-paced, innovative company full of smart, committed people who are passionate about our products and love helping people find the career of their dreams. We balance work and fun, while continuing to build a successful, fast-growing company that is changing the way people get jobs.
Our vision is to revolutionize the online career world by creating transformational products that help people find the careers they love and reach their full potential.
BOLD is an equal opportunity employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.