About Kronos Bio
Kronos Bio, Inc. is dedicated to the discovery and development of first-in-class therapies that modulate historically undruggable targets. We leverage deep capabilities in high-throughput small molecule microarrays, targeted protein degradation, and cancer biology in order to identify potent and selective compounds against transcription factors and other central drivers of oncogenic signaling.
Summary of Position:
This role is an exciting opportunity to join Kronos’ growing accounting team and will lead our SEC reporting and technical accounting efforts. The ideal candidate will leverage their experience in the biotech industry and public accounting to coordinate across the finance team and the organization to deliver accurate and timely financial information and compliant SEC filings, while striving to continuously improve our processes to support our growing organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the Company's SEC reporting on Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, Proxy and other ad hoc filings, including preparation of financial statements, footnotes, auditable support and related XBRL requirements
- Review supporting schedules and documentation for SEC filings and review the financial statement tie-out
- Prepare/Review quarterly and annual disclosure checklists
- Plan for filings, such as preparing the reporting calendar and coordinating with relevant stakeholders
- Lead research and preparation of technical accounting treatment position papers. Analyze and document non-recurring transactions by proactively identifying accounting implications, applying appropriate accounting rules and exercising judgement in subjective areas. Determine presentation and disclosure requirements related to transactions.
- Own equity and stock-based compensation accounting for period end close process; including fair value calculation, journal entries, reconciliations, and proper disclosure in the financial statements
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements and accounting policy developments and lead implementation efforts, including required disclosures and education of senior management
- Lead project management of SOX 404 for the team to ensure ongoing compliance
- Liaise with external auditors, including preparation of PBC items and addressing review comments
- Assist in establishing and maintaining accounting policies, best practices and procedures
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 6+ years of combined public accounting and industry experience in a public company; Biotech or Life Sciences experience preferred
- Direct experience and proficiency with SEC reporting and XBRL
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules with the ability to correctly interpret and apply new and existing US GAAP guidance
- Strong understanding of SOX404
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and committed to a high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Entrepreneurial and enjoys working in a fast-paced, creative and resourceful small company environment
The expected annual salary range for this full-time position is $130,000 - $160,000, plus eligibility for bonus, benefits, and equity incentives. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, business needs, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.