Company Summary: Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of a new class of precision genetic medicines utilizing our propriety RNA editing platform, OPERA. Our portfolio of innovative RNA therapies has the potential to propel genetic medicine beyond rare genetic diseases into larger patient populations with common diseases. We have locations in in Cambridge & Woburn, Massachusetts.
We are collaborative and united by a common mission. We are building a company with extraordinary people with an audacious vision to create transformative genetic medicines for prevalent diseases. Our values - Rewrite the future, On the Cutting Edge, Better Together, Dynamically Different, Kindness, and Integrity form the fabric of the organization. They are reinforced daily and serve as key dimensions in the hiring process to help us ensure that Korro is a magnet for outstanding talent and a great place to work
Position Summary: The Vice President of Finance will develop and direct the company’s financial reporting and forecasting in a high-growth environment. The Vice President of Finance’s responsibilities include overseeing accounting operations, gathering and analyzing financial data, and preparing financial reports. This person will manage three direct reports and will work directly with the Executive Team and Leadership Team to ensure our operations remain on track to hit our targets.
- Leads, manage, and scale the corporate and strategic finance functions (team, system implementation, and process development) through periods of rapid growth.
- Strong leadership Skills
- Work closely with the CEO on all financial reporting, budgeting, financial analysis, risk management, and internal reporting to leadership and the Company’s Board of Directors
- Oversee all sides of accounting operations, including payables, receivables, payroll, and tax preparation.
- Develop appropriate tracking methods for revenue and expenses.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Oversee development, oversight, and management of the organization’s investment plan.
- Gather financial data for analysis and forecasting concerning profits, trends, costs, and compliance.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual, quarterly, and monthly reports.
- Manage insurance coverage for the organization, including compliance.
- Represent the Finance department in cross-sectional initiatives and communications.
- Support fundraising or transactions as necessary
Benefits: Korro offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, a dependent care flexible spending account and a Company-funded health savings account and free parking.