Company Summary: Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of a new class of precision genetic medicines utilizing our propriety RNA editing platform, OPERA. Our portfolio of innovative RNA therapies has the potential to propel genetic medicine beyond rare genetic diseases into larger patient populations with common diseases. Korro enjoys support from a committed group of institutional investors, and recently completed a $116 million Series B financing round to advance our current and future work. We are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
We are collaborative and united by a common mission. We are building a company with extraordinary people with an audacious vision to create transformative genetic medicines for prevalent diseases. Our values - Rewrite the future, On the Cutting Edge, Better Together, Dynamically Different, Kindness and Integrity form the fabric of the organization. They are reinforced daily and serve as key dimensions in the hiring process to help us ensure that Korro is a magnet for outstanding talent and a great place to work.
Position Summary: Korro Bio is seeking a passionate, driven, and creative entry-level scientist/Engineer to join our oligonucleotide discovery chemistry team and work with an enthusiastic team of highly skilled scientists in a dynamic, growing company. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling, characterization, automation, storage and distribution of oligonucleotide compounds and work closely with cross functional team to advance our RNA editing drug discovery programs. The candidate will also be responsible for quantifying, performing purity analysis via HPLC/LCMS, and documenting results. Additional responsibilities include working with the group to maintain an organized physical and virtual lab to meet the needs of our fast-growing organization. Candidate must express a high attention to detail, be comfortable multitasking and ability to function in an interdisciplinary and fast-paced startup environment.
- Oligonucleotide compound management and preparation of samples for biological screening
- Analysis and formulation of test articles for in vitro and in vivo studies
- Receive, track, and maintain physical and virtual inventory of compounds
- Quantification of oligonucleotide compounds via UV spectrophotometry
- Perform duplex & triplex of oligonucleotides and run melting studies
- Purity analysis via analytical HPLC and LCMS
- Documentation, report generation and presentation of results
- Maintain a well-documented electronic/laboratory notebook
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience in an industrial or academic laboratory setting
- Experience with nucleic acids and analytical chemistry is a plus
- Experience with lab automation a plus
- Experience with LIMS systems and order tracking
- High attention to detail with the ability to handle large sets of compounds accurately
- Experience with UV spectrophotometry, HPLC, and LCMS analysis
- Good laboratory hygiene and extraordinary organizational skills
- High degree of flexibility and self-motivation in a fast-paced work environment, ability to prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Benefits: Korro offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, a dependent care flexible spending account and a Company-funded health savings account and free parking.