Company Summary: Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of a new class of precision genetic medicines utilizing our propriety RNA editing platform, OPERA. Our portfolio of innovative RNA therapies has the potential to propel genetic medicine beyond rare genetic diseases into larger patient populations with common diseases. Korro enjoys support from a committed group of institutional investors, and recently completed a $116 million Series B financing round to advance our current and future work. We are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
We are collaborative and united by a common mission. We are building a company with extraordinary people with an audacious vision to create transformative genetic medicines for prevalent diseases. Our values - Rewrite the future, On the Cutting Edge, Better Together, Dynamically Different, Kindness and Integrity form the fabric of the organization. They are reinforced daily and serve as key dimensions in the hiring process to help us ensure that Korro is a magnet for outstanding talent and a great place to work.
Position Summary: We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join our High-Throughput Screening team (HTS). The candidate will be responsible for the design, execution, and analysis of a variety of high throughput screens as well as serving as the HTS representative on relevant project team(s). They will analyze, interpret and present findings to the project team as well as ensure accurate and timely execution of project specific screens. The successful candidate will have demonstrated proficiency in the deployment of cell-based assays for drug candidate screening and be comfortable working with various types of automated high throughput equipment as well as being comfortable working across teams.
- Planning and execution of in-vitro cellular and molecular based assays to drive discovery of lead RNA editing oligos (Mammalian cell culture, RNA isolation, qPCR, NGS Sequencing)
- Design and implementation of new workflows, instrumentation, and assays to improve data robustness and reproducibility
- Work effectively with cross-functional biology, informatics, assay development and chemistry teams and deliver high-quality results in timely fashion including contributions to experimental design and troubleshooting
- Responsible for data compilation, interpretation and preparation for presentation and distribution across project teams
- Coordination with external vendors and CRO’s to ensure sufficient supply of project related cell lines and reagents
- Responsible for carefully documenting research in electronic lab notebook (Benchling) and effectively communicating results across teams
- Review literature and conference proceedings to identify emerging technologies/assays
- Work effectively with cross-functional biology, informatics, assay development and chemistry teams and deliver high-quality results in timely fashion
- MS with 3-5 or PhD with 1-3 years of industry experience in molecular and/or cell biology, or related field.
- Strong mammalian cell culture experience including familiarity with 96 and 384 well formats
- Broad experience in the application of biochemical and cell-based techniques such as mammalian cell transfection, RNA Isolation, NGS sequencing, and qPCR
- Experience designing and implementing new workflows and assays to improve assay robustness and reproducibility
- Familiarity in the use of lab automation, liquid handlers and other HTS instrumentation (e.g. Integra, Hamilton, Perkin Elmer)
- Ability to review data, and clearly communicate and present research findings across project teams
- The ability to learn and implement new techniques and adapt rapidly are essential.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and documentation
- Ability to multitask and successfully interact with a diverse team of scientists to deliver quality data and results
Benefits: Korro offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, a dependent care flexible spending account and a Company-funded health savings account and free parking.