Company Summary: Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of a new class of precision genetic medicines utilizing our propriety RNA editing platform, OPERA. Our portfolio of innovative RNA therapies has the potential to propel genetic medicine beyond rare genetic diseases into larger patient populations with common diseases. Korro enjoys support from a committed group of institutional investors, and recently completed a $116 million Series B financing round to advance our current and future work. We are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
We are collaborative and united by a common mission. We are building a company with extraordinary people with an audacious vision to create transformative genetic medicines for prevalent diseases. Our values - Rewrite the future, On the Cutting Edge, Better Together, Dynamically Different, Kindness and Integrity form the fabric of the organization. They are reinforced daily and serve as key dimensions in the hiring process to help us ensure that Korro is a magnet for outstanding talent and a great place to work.
Position Summary: We are looking for a passionate and collaborative Data Scientist to join our Data Science team and work with an enthusiastic team of highly skilled scientists in a dynamic, high growth company. This position reports to the Head of Data Science. The successful candidate will have a strong background in computation, statistics, data handling, data analysis, data visualization, and scientific coding.
- Conducting analysis across various datatypes, including target-related data, oligo data, and others.
- Carrying out statistical analysis of the data, meta-analysis / integrative analysis across various datasets.
- Carrying out machine learning analyses using public, commercial, and proprietary data.
- Researching and carrying out editing fidelity modeling based on the physics of proteins and RNAs.
- Contributing 3D structural and molecular dynamics insights into target prioritization and editing analysis.
- Participation in collaborations with external vendors, and academic partners.
- Conducting data mining of public data resources.
- Scientific programming – building analytical pipelines.
- Collaborating and providing data analysis in programs across the organization.
- Partnering with the software engineers in the DS and IT groups to create computational environments / apps and automation.
- Collaborate on project teams and clearly articulate to team members the rationale behind the analyses and analytical insights.
- PhD with thesis research in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry, Statistics, Data Science, or related fields
- 0-3 years of postgraduate work experience in academic or biotech setting
- Proficiency in the use of data science related programming languages such as Python or R
- Experience in developing and deploying machine learning models
- Experience in computational / statistical analysis and data integration
- Familiarity with Unix-like environments, relational databases and structured data
- Ability to present concepts and data to varied audiences that help drive decision-making
- Excellent organizational skills, effective manager of tasks and projects
- Optional experience with / working knowledge of chemistry and/or biology (in a drug discovery setting)
Benefits: Korro offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, a dependent care flexible spending account and a Company-funded health savings account and free parking.