Company Summary: Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of a new class of precision genetic medicines utilizing our propriety RNA editing platform, OPERA. Our portfolio of innovative RNA therapies has the potential to propel genetic medicine beyond rare genetic diseases into larger patient populations with common diseases. Korro enjoys support from a committed group of institutional investors, and recently completed a $116 million Series B financing round to advance our current and future work. We are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
We are collaborative and united by a common mission. We are building a company with extraordinary people with an audacious vision to create transformative genetic medicines for prevalent diseases. Our values - Rewrite the future, On the Cutting Edge, Better Together, Dynamically Different, Kindness and Integrity form the fabric of the organization. They are reinforced daily and serve as key dimensions in the hiring process to help us ensure that Korro is a magnet for outstanding talent and a great place to work.
Position Summary: We are seeking a passionate and creative Associate Scientist/Scientist to join our CNS Biology team and work with an enthusiastic team of skilled and passionate scientists and RAs in a dynamic, high growth company. This position reports directly to a scientist who supports the emerging CNS programs. The successful candidate will have a strong background in cell and molecular biology. Experience working in CNS and neuromuscular programs will be at an advantage.
- This is a Lab based position and will require bench work.
- Responsible for the execution and analysis of a variety of in vitro cellular and molecular based assays, and analysis of tissues from in vivo studies
- Evaluate and troubleshoot new assays and techniques
- Participate in the development and scaling of novel cell-based assays for drug candidate screening and understanding of mechanism of action
- Design, validate and implement high throughput NGS and qPCR-based assays
- Design and implement thoughtful and well controlled experiments
- Work with various types of automated high throughput equipment
- BS/MS with 1+ years’ experience in neuroscience, molecular and/or cellular biology
- Experience in the application of biochemical & cell-based techniques such as mammalian cell culture, in vitro transfections in neuronal and iPS cell lines, immunoassays such as Western blot and immunohistochemistry, RT-PCR
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and documentation
- Organize and clearly present data and research updates to different project teams
- Motivated team player who is collaborative
- Ability to balance multiple high-priority tasks in a rapidly changing environment
Benefits: Korro offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, a dependent care flexible spending account and a Company-funded health savings account and free parking.